thanksgiving

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
timd
First and Last Name: Tim Deese

thanksgiving

Post by timd »

anyone have any humorous thanksgiving stories to share?

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Re: thanksgiving

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Back in the mid 60's, everybody met at my grandparents for Thanksgiving. My grandmother's two brothers and families , her sister plus my Dad and his sister ( my aunt ) families. Probably close to 30 of us.

My grandmother was an excellent cook and somehow, the angel food cake turned out hard as a rock. Her brother Wellington tried to cut it but even the knife wouldn't go thru it. He said to her in Pa Deutch " What kind of tools do we need to cut this thing? "

She was so embarrassed, she grabbed the cake off the table and threw it outside for the dog. The dog gnawed at it for a minute and carried it off and buried it. :lol:
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

timd

Post by timd »

thats a good story jeff i like that.

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Nope I take food seriously!
Attachments
pie.jpg
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

I'll never forget quite a while back, we had this duck running around with the rest of the animals. My parents thought it would be a neat idea to have it along with turkey that year. Well apparently, they didn't realize how old the duck was when they decided to make it dinner. My mom proudly brought out a plate with the duck all cooked up and ready.....to gnaw on!! That thing was so tough it was like chewing on shoe leather!! After a couple of people took a couple of bites, it wound up in dogs bowl where our german shephard spent the afternoon chewing away! Who needs rawhide when you can throw that out there?????

timd

Post by timd »

vince i thought you were more of a lemonade fan