Corona Virus 2019

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Corona Virus 2019

Post by Dave C »

So Hows everyone doing here with this crazy virus? everyone locked down... got enough Toilet paper to carry you till 2040?
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Corona Virus 2019

Post by dag1450 »

Yeah...this is crazy! Couple weeks ago I was not too concerned and was still working. Yesterday I was told to stop working. I just got concerned about short term....and longer term. Just crazy!
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

Well, it's easy to practice social distancing if you live in the woods :lol:
I have plenty of food, ammo, firewood, five gallons of high octane non ethanol, and enough kitty food for four months so it's good.
I'm employed with a manufacturing company of 700 people as a Toolmaker/ experimental machinist directly connected to the commercial aviation sector. Last week we were cut back to 40 hours. Our primary customers are GE Aviation and Boeing. With 800 737 MAX planes still grounded and nobody flying am I concerned? Damn right I am.
But there's been hard times before.
The gas crisis of 73 (3 months after I got of High School)
The gas crisis of 79 (the week that I got married)
The market crash of 87 ( laid off from Lockheed 3 days later)
Personal fiance issues in 95
9/11
The housing market bubble in 08
So everyone knuckle down and hang in there.
And wash your hands. :beer:

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Business as usual here.
For the short term anyway. “major construction” is somehow considered essential. My boss is not slowing us down, and keeps asking if we are done yet, just like he does about once a week! I’m more worried about 3-8 months from now, larger companies will hold off on expansion, or when our parts supply runs out. I did get a email from corporate saying they are having trouble sourcing new IPhones.

davis2
First and Last Name: Dave Davis

Post by davis2 »

Klapatta wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:27 am
Well, it's easy to practice social distancing if you live in the woods :lol:
I have plenty of food, ammo, firewood, five gallons of high octane non ethanol, and enough kitty food for four months so it's good.
I'm employed with a manufacturing company of 700 people as a Toolmaker/ experimental machinist directly connected to the commercial aviation sector. Last week we were cut back to 40 hours. Our primary customers are GE Aviation and Boeing. With 800 737 MAX planes still grounded and nobody flying am I concerned? Damn right I am.
But there's been hard times before.
The gas crisis of 73 (3 months after I got of High School)
The gas crisis of 79 (the week that I got married)
The market crash of 87 ( laid off from Lockheed 3 days later)
Personal fiance issues in 95
9/11
The housing market bubble in 08
So everyone knuckle down and hang in there.
And wash your hands. :beer:
You may want to add to the ammo. We've had an uptick in crime here in Central NY.

davis2

Post by davis2 »

JMotuzick wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:06 pm
Business as usual here.
For the short term anyway. “major construction” is somehow considered essential. My boss is not slowing us down, and keeps asking if we are done yet, just like he does about once a week! I’m more worried about 3-8 months from now, larger companies will hold off on expansion, or when our parts supply runs out. I did get a email from corporate saying they are having trouble sourcing new IPhones.
I'm one of the lucky ones. My wife is a supervisor for a dairy in the QA dept. Y'all need milk and coffee creamer!!!

Klapatta

Post by Klapatta »

Joe, your company probably falls within the definition of the critical infrastructure sector guideline as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. I was to learn yesterday that the same applies to me as a segment of the company is involved with the defense sector.
The guideline states "If you work in a critical infrastructure industry, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule".
It really does not matter to me if they load those parts on barges and dump them into the sea, that's how the goverment works any way.
As we have seen on Capitol Hill over the last several days :twisted:

It's times like this that bring out the very best and worst in people. And that a random act of kindness can go a long way. Lest we forget ourselves and lose our civil behavior.

And it's important that people remember to-
CxX23dZUQAE21AY.jpg
CxX23dZUQAE21AY.jpg (47.79 KiB) Viewed 7267 times
And on another note we got another 8 inches of wet white crap last night.
If the temp rises as fast as they are projecting the driveway is bound to wash out like it did in 17. :(

JMotuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Ken
Our service department is essential for sure. No one wants to be stuck in a Elevator for 14 days! As for new install??? I think we are critical at keeping the economy going! Like I said in my last post, I’m not sure for how long, customers might be backing out and Parts might not be available.

davis2

Post by davis2 »

Klapatta wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:48 am
Joe, your company probably falls within the definition of the critical infrastructure sector guideline as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. I was to learn yesterday that the same applies to me as a segment of the company is involved with the defense sector.
The guideline states "If you work in a critical infrastructure industry, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule".
It really does not matter to me if they load those parts on barges and dump them into the sea, that's how the goverment works any way.
As we have seen on Capitol Hill over the last several days :twisted:

It's times like this that bring out the very best and worst in people. And that a random act of kindness can go a long way. Lest we forget ourselves and lose our civil behavior.

And it's important that people remember to-CxX23dZUQAE21AY.jpg

And on another note we got another 8 inches of wet white crap last night.
If the temp rises as fast as they are projecting the driveway is bound to wash out like it did in 17. :(
We got around 6" here in CNY. Silicone is the snowblower's friend in the wet snow!

Klapatta

Post by Klapatta »

State wide stay at home order to take affect Wednesday at 5pm.
Wife better get to the recycle center before then or I'm gonna feed the garbage to the bears :o
Company issued me a hall pass, oh boy. Now only two questions remain- how many times will I get pulled over heading home and if I'm the only one out there on the interstate are the gas stations even open? Cus the good stuff I mentioned before is for the cubbies :lol:

JMotuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Ken
If it’s anything like here, everything will be open! There are a few less cars out and about, but every where I’ve seen is open. Restaurants are take out only, but everything is open everyone is working. This whole thing about staying home is only if you where a suit!

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

:cry: man... this is nuts. Lots different around eastern pa. Traffic is very very light. I see maybe 50 percent of construction job sites working. Seems like most if not all office work shut down. My nephew said Napa won't let you in the store, you pull up..beep your horn and they come out and ask what you need and they go get it for you. Lol. Costco spaces out customers as they come in... like a water slide waiting 2 minutes in between each person. Luckily my wife is a nurse and working but kids are out of school for two weeks and starting to get wrestles. I'm messing with small projects around the house. Next week I'm planning to go to work on a couple small jobs.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Life is mostly normal for me since I work from home most of the time anyway, and I rarely go shopping... That's a wife duty!

Haven't been able to buy toilet paper for three weeks, I guess people are building igloos with it for their kids to play in. Fortunately we were well stocked on it before the panic buying.

The biggest hardship for me is not being able to go to the pub with my friends for dinner once a week! I look forward to my weekly "burger and a beer" and this is a social life killer. Everyone hang in there. I pray all stay well and this passes soon.
:beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><