Serial number charts

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Serial number charts

Post by SWilliams »

Found these stuck in my files. Not sure if they are on this site or not.
ihserial.jpg
cccserial.jpg
Also found this
PTO tool.jpg
Maybe someone will find them useful.

I also found a pdf file that has the part numbers and cross references for the electric clutches on cub cadets.
email me if you would like a copy. Covers a lot of models, original part numbers = warner numbers, replacement parts, current ratings and more.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

wdeturck

Re: Serial number charts

Post by wdeturck »

I also found a pdf file that has the part numbers and cross references for the electric clutches on cub cadets.
email me if you would like a copy. Covers a lot of models, original part numbers = warner numbers, replacement parts, current ratings and more.
Hi Steve: You can send that PDF file wdeturck@Gmail.com and I will save it an add it to the PTO Clutch Album I started in the Gallery.

I am also reposting the Gauge which I don't know which one it is in the tool section. I resisied it and if you printer is set at 100 pixel density it should print out close enough to use.

I will save those SN charts and post them in the Gallery if they aren't there. Thanks

jglass
First and Last Name: John K. Glass

Post by jglass »

Thanks, Steve and Geezer, these are the kind of things we need to keep our cubs going.

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

Geezer,
It should be noted that those serial number charts should be used as a guide to the serial number range of a "series", and the years the series was produced, but are not necessarly factual for a given model. Example: the model 800 was not produced from 1974 to 1980, it was only in production for about a year, beginning in the last quarter of 1974, but the series was in production from 1974 into 1980. Another example is the 169. It was not produced from 1971 to 1974, all 4006 of them were built in the last couple of months of the series production, in 1974.

So, the charts are very useful as a general guide to the series/model/year of a Cub Cadet, and would be a useful addition to the data base, but there are some discrepanies that could mislead someone, specially someone new to Cub Cadets.
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

Paul, Sorry for the bad info. They are from a quick reference guide someone posted. If they are wrong then delete them.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

Steve,
They don't need to be deleted, as I said they give some good general information about the different series of tractors, but there are some flaws in them and IMHO it would be a help to someone new to Cub Cadet's to know that . That same basic model/serial number range data is listed in several brochures published by CCC/MTD, Attachment Guide, Form No. 772-3879 R10/89, being one.
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

I as well saved those from the old Registry, and I have found them to be very helpful. It is good to know that they may have some minor errors, but in general they have been very helpful.
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

I posted them in the SN Section of the Gallery along with the Information Paul gave. Thanks to all for your help.