Back on line!

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Back on line!

Post by JMotuzick »

So after 4+ days without power or internet we are back!
The isis storm left a mess here in CT, luckily no trees or damage to fix/clean up. Several trees in the neighborhood where blocking roads. At the height of the storm I had someone coming for a engine from a 1650. He couldn’t get in and as he tried to drive around several miles, more trees down. I meet him with the engine and chain saw, luckily no wires on the tree blocking my path. Several people where trying to clear it with no tools, my saw made quick work of things and they all pitched in to clear the brush faster then I could cut.

4 days later crews from all over the country are working 24-7 and got us back. My parents are across town and still down but some crews where spotted on there street. Thanks to all, we are safe and all is wel!
Attachments
5037723F-F257-46EE-B679-8E9CE45F1E53.jpeg
5037723F-F257-46EE-B679-8E9CE45F1E53.jpeg (2.95 MiB) Viewed 3331 times
E9433B10-866A-4592-A176-57FDCFA2B14D.jpeg
E9433B10-866A-4592-A176-57FDCFA2B14D.jpeg (3.14 MiB) Viewed 3331 times

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Back on line!

Post by dag1450 »

Glad to hear your power is back Joe! How about Ken? Yeah things got a little dicey here north of Philadelphia. Several small tornado's did some damage in the area. I just had some branches down but the rain was like i had never seen! 5+ inches in a few hours at my house and most of it came across sideways. I think several areas a few minutes away got well over 6 inches. I never lost power but my brother was out for 4 days and the local walmart parking lot was almost filled with utility trucks from other areas. They were putting some of the booms up so they could park in tighter. Had to have been 60-70 trucks. They were making all the trucks wear masks because of the close quarters. :?
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

That’s the killer, drought before the storm and less then a inch of rain! Still drought conditions here! I have not heard from Ken. Several crews from out of state and Canada here too! My wife went to the grocery store and ran into a few that where obvious line men! I left for work this morning and the one way out was now blacked by wires about 4’ off the ground and cones etc. but the other way that was blocked in the pictures I posted was open. Only 8 miles around....

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

We made it through all right but things got very breezy here for sure. Thanks for askin. More substantial tree damage and outages over toward the Western side of the state. Only some minor wash outs and smaller tree limbs down. Our power went out for two hours. Probably nothing more than some branch tripping off a fuse block. Power flickered, then went out at work for just a couple of minutes. In my twenty years there that's only the third time I can recall that as the plant is very close to a major substation.
My in laws on the farm down in Jersey did not fare so well. They went without for three and a half days. Some of the older trees near their house fell but no structural damage with all sorts of clutter everywhere.