New projects?

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
davis2
First and Last Name: Dave Davis

New projects?

Post by davis2 »

Anyone working on anything? I'm recovering from hernia surgery and need a good thread to follow...

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: New projects?

Post by JMotuzick »

To many no-cub projects!

Dave C and I have been sawing lumber for our area at our club grounds. We “own” (along with engine mike) a 22x32 space in our big pole barn. We are following another member who has “finished” his space with recycled rough cut barn board. We are a year behind, and just cutting lumber for spring install.

I rebuilt a shed this past summer, batt and board siding, I’m working on pre-stating batts for install when we get nice weather.

The honey do list is never ending...

Sounds like we might get Plowable snow tomorrow so I need to get a lift rod made, and Chains installed on a 680 I’m trying to sell.

No major project to follow though!
I hope you heal up and get back in the shop soon!

davis2

Post by davis2 »

JMotuzick wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:37 am
To many no-cub projects!

Dave C and I have been sawing lumber for our area at our club grounds. We “own” (along with engine mike) a 22x32 space in our big pole barn. We are following another member who has “finished” his space with recycled rough cut barn board. We are a year behind, and just cutting lumber for spring install.

I rebuilt a shed this past summer, batt and board siding, I’m working on pre-stating batts for install when we get nice weather.

The honey do list is never ending...

Sounds like we might get Plowable snow tomorrow so I need to get a lift rod made, and Chains installed on a 680 I’m trying to sell.

No major project to follow though!
I hope you heal up and get back in the shop soon!
Thanks! It's getting a little better every day, but not fast enough for me,LOL! It better heal, It was never done right from the back surgery 9 years ago!!!

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

I have been working on this ratty old bitch,
Lately it looks like this,
Attachments
A71BF02E-32DF-43E2-8AC1-4A7CE23199B9.jpeg
A71BF02E-32DF-43E2-8AC1-4A7CE23199B9.jpeg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 6100 times
2D5D70C1-8845-45A3-9BFD-919FC6E498A3.jpeg
2D5D70C1-8845-45A3-9BFD-919FC6E498A3.jpeg (4.67 MiB) Viewed 6099 times

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Wow big Mike... you are a glutton for punishment! The rims and tires look great. Now that you put pictures out here you need to keep us updated. See... Joe was smart..he just talked about his project so no future pictures required.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

davis2

Post by davis2 »

BigMike wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:21 pm
I have been working on this ratty old bitch,
Lately it looks like this,
I see you have dag's sky seat framework attached. There must be a few low obstacles he'll have to duck for,eh? Nice looking shoes on the ratty old beeyotch!

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

Thanks guys. Lots of work but should be worth it. Rims were loaded with chloride :evil:
So.....new outers, tires, powder coat and just like that they look good :lol:
15389265-61EE-49C7-8ECA-AB9DD5814DF3.jpeg
15389265-61EE-49C7-8ECA-AB9DD5814DF3.jpeg (930.29 KiB) Viewed 6068 times
C973B0F5-60BE-458F-89DE-52552FEFB3A8.jpeg
C973B0F5-60BE-458F-89DE-52552FEFB3A8.jpeg (955.67 KiB) Viewed 6068 times

davis2

Post by davis2 »

So what are you using the skid steer for?

DaveKamp
First and Last Name: Dave Kamp

Post by DaveKamp »

"So what are you using the skid steer for?"

It has an Onan, with variable-belt drive... He's using it for exercising his ANGER MANAGEMENT skills :lol: :lol:

I've got a similar one going on, Mike, but mine is an IH 4130... a brand-engineered Hydra-Mac 8C IIRC... has the Onan NHCV (reverse cooling direction) twin.

Rather than invest a casual mint in getting the melted-down reverse-flow nightmare rebuilt (they usually caught on fire), I've made an adapter to slip in a Kubota 3cyl liquid-cooled diesel... and I'm most-of-the-way done with the adapter, just haven't gotten-back-to-it.

I had some night-duty time last week, I built this metrology station:
42 granite and cabinet in place.jpg
42 granite and cabinet in place.jpg (118.29 KiB) Viewed 6060 times
If anyone is interested in more, I did a sequence for it on the smokstak forum:
https://www.smokstak.com/forum/threads/ ... st-1742611

Or if having a link there offends anyone, I could duplicate the thread here...

I have a few days off, so I'm massively cleaning out the workshop. Once done, I have one Stryko spot-welding machine to finish up the controls installation on, and possibly fit a glycol-based cooling system... then a Milwaukee die-filer that needs electrical wiring for the motor, a footswitch, a gooseneck LED lamp, and a nice coat of paint... and finally, an Ex-Cell-O tool grinding station that needs a few more parts painted, then wiring.

Then I'll pull Loader-Mutt into the shop and get back on the Dana 60FF outers and Limited-Slip project.
Yes, I'm a Mad Scientist... but I'm usually happy, even when things ain't goin right.

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

“ So what are you using the skid steer for?”
Well.....steering skids :lol:
See Dag, you’re not the only one I give those bullschit answers to.
:D :beer:
I just realized that my autographed Terrible Ted pic is in the background :headbang: :headbang: :geezer:

davis2

Post by davis2 »

BigMike wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:23 pm
“ So what are you using the skid steer for?”
Well.....steering skids :lol:
See Dag, you’re not the only one I give those bullschit answers to.
:D :beer:
I just realized that my autographed Terrible Ted pic is in the background :headbang: :headbang: :geezer:
So when is dag's sky seat going on? That's the question of the day!

davis2

Post by davis2 »

DaveKamp wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:59 pm
"So what are you using the skid steer for?"

It has an Onan, with variable-belt drive... He's using it for exercising his ANGER MANAGEMENT skills :lol: :lol:

I've got a similar one going on, Mike, but mine is an IH 4130... a brand-engineered Hydra-Mac 8C IIRC... has the Onan NHCV (reverse cooling direction) twin.

Rather than invest a casual mint in getting the melted-down reverse-flow nightmare rebuilt (they usually caught on fire), I've made an adapter to slip in a Kubota 3cyl liquid-cooled diesel... and I'm most-of-the-way done with the adapter, just haven't gotten-back-to-it.

I had some night-duty time last week, I built this metrology station:
42 granite and cabinet in place.jpg

If anyone is interested in more, I did a sequence for it on the smokstak forum:
https://www.smokstak.com/forum/threads/ ... st-1742611

Or if having a link there offends anyone, I could duplicate the thread here...

I have a few days off, so I'm massively cleaning out the workshop. Once done, I have one Stryko spot-welding machine to finish up the controls installation on, and possibly fit a glycol-based cooling system... then a Milwaukee die-filer that needs electrical wiring for the motor, a footswitch, a gooseneck LED lamp, and a nice coat of paint... and finally, an Ex-Cell-O tool grinding station that needs a few more parts painted, then wiring.

Then I'll pull Loader-Mutt into the shop and get back on the Dana 60FF outers and Limited-Slip project.
I love the loader-mutt project, can't wait to see that resurrected!!! I got a little cleaning done in my shop before surgery, still weeding out old stuff...