Belts

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Belts

Post by SWilliams »

So I blew the belt on the newest 451 while trying to pump some of the HEAVY WET crap "snow" that came a few days ago. Grabbed the spare off the wall, It is a "Huskee" kevlar belt bought at Tractor Supply, bought a bunch of them over the years and they have been a good belt. Most were in somewhat ambiguous sleeves but had Huskee - Made in USA on the belt itself. Went in a couple days ago to grab a new spare. Looked at the sleeve "Made in USA" stamped on it. Tossed it in the cart, got home, went to hang it on the wall, HMM what's this. The logo on the belt itself shows A&I Products, and INDIA on it ?????????? So we went through that area again yesterday so I stopped in and looked at some other belts and most were A&I Indian made but in sleeves stating "Made in USA." So if you buy your belts in other places you may want to look closer than I did.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Belts

Post by dag1450 »

Yeah thanks Steve! I have certainly stepped up my usa made game. I know it's costing me a few more dollars but the alternative is far worse. I'm very proud of my new drill index. 29 pcs jobber length I guess they call it. Norseman I think it's called made in michigan I believe. Sorry it was a month ago and I have moved on to other names and places. Lol.
I do think more products are coming back from overseas but im sure it's all with the global components deal. Hey...thats a start! Stanley b&d opening some big places in texas I heard.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.