Parts and where you buy them and what do you keep as spares?

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Parts and where you buy them and what do you keep as spares?

Post by SWilliams »

So like many here I have a few Cub Cadets and like everything they do need parts from time to time. I used to have a great dealer just up the road who stocked parts for just about everything from originals up to current models and had a used section of equipment that had a bit of everything. He's gone now and the dealer that took over is a joke, they stock some parts but nothing like Iver did. Plus they are half a step above useless if you don't walk in with a part number for them. So I've been going to other places for consumable items and some hard parts. My question is, who do you folks use to get your parts like belts, blades, deck wheels, and other assorted parts?

Oil wise I buy mine from the local tractor supply because the rest of the places all want to sell strictly synthetics and those don't work so well in some engines. I was buying only OE blades until they tripled the price on them, now I'm running Oregon and Stens stuff.
Belts I've been using Stens and OE as well as PIX and A&I when I can find them. The local dealers carry about 5 aftermarket sizes and none are correct for the brands they sell!
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

darncoyote
First and Last Name: Dick Green

Re: Parts and where you buy them and what do you keep as spares?

Post by darncoyote »

Check out ccspecialties.org for good service and large inventory.

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Steve
Why not go straight to cub? The web site is kinda a pain but once you figure it out not bad. Most parts are about 2-4 days out and after 100$ free shipping!

As for belts I’m a ebay shopper and have has good results aftermarket. I keep a few sizes.
Kohler parts again eBay, whatever dealer has the cheepest price that week!

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

Joe, I try to use Cub when possible, but for some items they are $$$$ compared to other sources for comparable parts. It would be different if I was buying a Cub part that was made in the US and was known to be better, but when the pulley I needed was the exact same part as the Stens item but twice the price... In other words I'm cheap.... lol
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

davis2
First and Last Name: Dave Davis

Post by davis2 »

I use a local dealer who sells Oregon stuff. The closest Cub dealer is in Canastota. I've had good luck with Tractor Supply belts.

1811Cub
First and Last Name: Rick Lightfoot

Post by 1811Cub »

I have used Partstree.com with success. Everything else is sourced via Ebay. I have bought very few parts locally.