Sad, but exciting day

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
Cyclops1862
First and Last Name: Jay Fetters

Sad, but exciting day

Post by Cyclops1862 »

So, last night, I agreed to a trade with the neighbor down the road. He's been on me about buying my lo-boy 185, for about a year now. I kept telling him it wasn't for sale. And then, last night, he offered his Scout in trade! It's a bit, and I mean a BIG bit of a project, but it runs and drives. I asked him about all my implements, and he said he'd trade his 86 ford f150 for those! So... I cried, and said goodbye to my trusty old friend, but am looking forward to finally having a SCOUT! I'll post pics when I get her home, and it's gonna be a project, so I'll find the appropriate place to post updates on her for you guys. I GOT A SCOUT!!!!

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Sad, but exciting day

Post by dag1450 »

Man that's quite a story. The value of said items is in the eyes of the beholder... so if your happy you now own a scout that's great. Make sure to post some pictures of the good angles....lol... not the sides with the excessive rust and dents.
Thanks for sharing and looking forward to some pics.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Oh...I almost forgot. My first big tractor I ever drove was a cub 154 or 185?. And....my first pickup was a 1980 f150... with the"ranger" trim package. I think I bought that in 87 for $2700. Fixed that up till it was perfect then sold it for an 86 f250 diesel. Yeah they called me diesel Dave for a few years.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Cyclops1862
First and Last Name: Jay Fetters

Post by Cyclops1862 »

Sounds like you've been around a Scout out two! 😆 My grandpa and dad both worked at the harvester plant in Fort Wayne IN until they closed it up. My dad worked on the Scout line setting the bodies on the frame, and he says they should have included extra doors and floors in the purchase so you had a set for when the first ones rotted away! I've always wanted one, and now I'm stuck with one! So, I'll be busting out the mig and spending some time welding in floors, and every where else that is rotted, but it comes with extra doors that are really nice, so that will eliminate some welding.

The Ford will just be my wood hauler, I've drove ford rangers since high school, with my current being a '97 4cyl 5spd, I call them the shit box edition🤣, and this year I've broke a leaf spring on each side hauling wood. So, it's time for a heavier truck. It has the 351 Windsor, so it'll haul all the wood I need, and hopefully even pull the wife's camper around. When I was young my dad had an 85 F150, and I have a bunch of good memories of what we called the "blue beast" So when he offered this truck as well, I couldn't resist. I just gotta find the duck hood ornament, like my dad had!