A different "look what followed me home"

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

A different "look what followed me home"

Post by Paul B »

These followed me home from Evansville, IN this morning. The red and yellow Sunflower sign is one sided, never been hooked up. It is for Sunflower Tillage Equipment, built in Beloit, KS, and has been part of AGCO since 2002. It is not the same as the Sunflower Co. in Olathe, KS that made the reel mowers for Cub and Cub Cadets. The Cub Cadet/MTD sign is just the sign skins, no frame, and there 2 of them and they appear to be unused.
MVC-731S.JPG
MVC-732S.JPG
It is the two signs between these that I was after, but it was all five for one money, so........
MVC-733S.JPG
MVC-734S.JPG
The last one is kinda rare I believe, since the CCC emblem wasn't used for too long, but I may be wrong. Both it and the IH sign are two sided.
Last edited by Paul B on Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Re: A different "look what followed me home"

Post by vince_o »

Paul

What in the world will you do with all them signs? You opening a mower training field combined with a dove field or something :lol:
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Paul B

Post by Paul B »

Vince,
You are the second person to ask me what I'm going to do with them, and as I told her, I don't know, but they were too good to pass up........... :roll: :lol:

jchabot
First and Last Name: Jim Chabot

Post by jchabot »

I don't think I've actually seen a CCC lighted sign before. Wasn't that a first year only thing?
"a man that started in to carry a cat home by the tail was getting knowledge that was always going to be useful to him, and warn't ever going to grow dim or doubtful"

Samuel Clemmons

Paul B

Post by Paul B »

I don't know Jim, I don't think I have ever seen one either. According to Hank's book, the red and black CCC emblem/logo was "retired" by 1987, so I guess it was used from the CCC beginning in late 1981, thru 1986. If that logo was retired I supposed, or would assume, the signs were changed then also.

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Post by Farmallgray »

Paul,
I'm not sure if the CCC emblem was even used that long. I didn't think they started using it till after the IH ag line was sold to Tenneco. Before that CCC sold the tractors to IH who then sold them to the dealers. So I'm pretty sure tractors built between 81 and 85 still used IH emblems.

So that means it was only used for maybe 2 years.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

I saw those and it was a killer deal. I thought about going after them Thursday, but then I thought... they're too valuable and rare to hang outside, wouldn't look right on a wall, and really big to store and let sit. For once reasoning won... besides, look like they went to the perfect place ;) .
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Paul B

Post by Paul B »

Todd,
I don't know, I was just going by Hank's book and he says the CCC first series (81-85) used the IH on headlight panel and rear of fender pan the red tractors, and the CCC in the same places on the CCC (yellow/white) tractors.Either way it wasn't long, and I have never seen one of those signs.

A.W.Gonya
First and Last Name: Aaron W. Gonya

Post by A.W.Gonya »

Paul,

Awesome find! The power lawn products is especially cool!

I'm going to have to start watching, I'd love to hang something like that on the (inside) barn wall someday!
Can you buy WD40 by the tank car?

jallen
First and Last Name: Joe Allen

Post by jallen »

Paul nice find on the sighns i have one of the ccc sighns that i bought from a closed down dealer in NC she closed the doors in 92 but it looked as if was never hung it was 2 sided and had a extra sighn front with it all for $10.00 could not beat the price

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

I have seen maybe 2 of those ccc signs but you dont see to many I have seen alot more of the ih ones for sure

rgausman
First and Last Name: Bob Gausman

Post by rgausman »

Paul,

What a great find. Take good care of them.

Any one who watchs 'American Picker' on TV will wish they picked the old signage years ago when there was not much of a market. I am amazed what the old rusty gasoline/oil sign fetch for collectors.

Bob G.
Anything diesel: Cubs, Onan generators, etc
782D #1 w/ 55C mower, 782D #2, IH #2B Tiller, QA-42 SnowThrower + John Deere 435, Farmall BN, Koering 1350 Skid, Bobcat x320