$4100 CC 1200 on Ebay Yeah,right

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
cubcountry
First and Last Name: Mark Scheller

$4100 CC 1200 on Ebay Yeah,right

Post by cubcountry »

Has anybody else seen this?
People REALLY need to do a little research before they try to make a huge profit off of grandaddy's old mower.
I especially like the way they "restored" it with the wrong seat and the tape marks and overspray on the tires.
Maybe they should contact Barrett-Jackson. :lol:

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: $4100 CC 1200 on Ebay Yeah,right

Post by ksanders »

It happens I guess. If I had an old Harley or something I'm not familiar with, I'd probably think it was worth more than it actually was. At the same time, it does get old seeing Cubs priced at about 8 times what they are worth. Wonder what this makes my restored 982 worth :?
Do you have a link to it? I think I remember the one you were talking about on Craigslist and remember the tires being really shabby looking. Even rubbing it off with gas after spraying it would've helped.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

cubcountry
First and Last Name: Mark Scheller

Post by cubcountry »

Here ya go: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Also,check out the shipping costs. :|

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

cubcountry wrote:Here ya go: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Also,check out the shipping costs. :|
Somehow I don't see that selling :lol:

There is one plausible explanation for the excessive shipping costs with the ridiculous item cost. The "S/O" of the seller wants it gone and the seller wants to keep it.

Stupid price means they get to keep it.

Either that or they're idiots :lol:
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

Yep, that's the one. They actually did a pretty nice looking job (at least from what the picture reveals), and then went the extreme lazy route on the rims. Makes me wonder if the inside of the rims are yellow and the tractor was never actually taken apart? Also, check out the front of the mule drive. I wonder if that was a custom method of removing the need of a plow subframe? Nifty idea if so, even if there is no support going back to the middle of the frame.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

cbingaman
First and Last Name: Chad Bingaman

Post by cbingaman »

Kevin, the mule drive was the first thing that caught my eye. Is a little funky lookin. I also like how they say "comes with a grader blade and possibly other accesories as well". I wonder what the "other accesories" are?
Cub's of the farm currently: 4-Originals, 2-70's, 100, 122, 123, 124, 73, 106, 107, 126, 800, 782IH built, 982IHbuilt, 782D, 1572. Farmall Cub and Cub Lo-Boy and too many attatchments to think about.

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

my thinking is 5 lbs of gold might make it worth it

WHYDE
First and Last Name: Wayne Hyde

Post by WHYDE »

Maybe his wife told him he had to sell, so he's trying

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Rims???????????? Wheres Toony with the 3 cans and over spray?

Kev your 982 is worth 8k where do I sign and whats my intrest rate? A dollar now and a dollar when you catch me? :lol:

I have 100 bucks says it dont sell.
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

Vince, you'd probably get away because I don't like traveling very far anymore. 50 miles away or so and you're home free :lol:
I have a feeling the 982 we were discussing was purchased and marked way up for resale. If you're ever interested in one, someone local here had one this past summer I passed on. It was IH built with a blown motor, but cheap. Best part is I don't think it's ever going anywhere, so the offer would stand a year from know from what I gather.

mlamar
First and Last Name: Mike LaMar

Post by mlamar »

For that kinda starting $$$ I would have thought the white over spray on the tires (from the restoration :?: ) would have been cleaned off. Check out the photos. I can see why only one picture. I think they added an extra 0 by mistake and didn't spell check :ugeek:

jswordy
First and Last Name: Jim Steele

Post by jswordy »

Not to hijack this, but it is amazing what some of these CCs sold for brand new. I have the paperwork for my 1811, and it was a $4,300 sale. I bought it for $200 needing the engine freshened, but I did get it to run long enough to kill a bunch of skeeters as I loaded it on the trailer.

In 2009, that $4,300 in 1984 dollars was worth $8,880 using the Consumer Price Index.
"There's yer trouble, right there!"

JoshO
First and Last Name: Josh Ott

Post by JoshO »

Thats quite the joke! and its not even a rare tractor. what an idiot

jglass
First and Last Name: John K. Glass

Post by jglass »

What gets me is the shipping charges on it. jglass