Fire Fox and clearing Cache

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
wdeturck

Fire Fox and clearing Cache

Post by wdeturck »

I use Firefox ad have XP and I cleared my cache and cookies. Now I can't save any of my user names as it won't load cookie.
I used clear recent history ans checked those 2 boxes now I have to log into all my sites with a user name and password. In the tools section on clear recent histories I can't get rid of the check marks other than cancel. Can anyone help :?: ? Thanks

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Re: Fire Fox and clearing Cache

Post by J Hayes »

I'm using FF too and still have to check in every day at bottom of front page as I showed you .
My user name and password is already shown I just click remember me and log in.
Is kind of a pain but I have learned to live with it .

That is why I suggested that area be moved to the top as a log in . I have to do the same on a couple forums too , but they are on top. I'm running

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 FBSMTWB
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

rharris
First and Last Name: Rick Harris

Post by rharris »

In FF, under Tools > Options > Security... there is a section for Passwords. That section has two buttons, one for Exceptions and one for Saved Passwords. You may have to clear the saved password for any sites which you have cleared cookies. This is not guaranteed to work but it is something to try. I was having problems on another forum and was able to get my browser to ask me for my credentials once I cleared the site from my Saved Passwords list. I haven't had to type them in again once I did that.
Building my Cub Cadet fleet....one bolt at a time.

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Rick I never have to type anything , In one forum I click to type and it shows options for user name when I click on right one password shows as ******* click log in and proceed as normal'

This forum My user name and password is already at the bottom of page , but still requires me to check the Log In box even tho I check "remember me" also I have to do it every day that way ??
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

I use a mac and have no problems.
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

:lol: Vince I have the feeling that You are the problem and not the solution :P . Ship me the Mac, Thanks

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Post by ReicheP »

vince_o wrote:I use a mac and have no problems.
Except when your boots are on fire, or you drive on ice, or when..........
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

J Hayes wrote:I'm using FF too and still have to check in every day at bottom of front page as I showed you .
My user name and password is already shown I just click remember me and log in.
Is kind of a pain but I have learned to live with it .

That is why I suggested that area be moved to the top as a log in . I have to do the same on a couple forums too , but they are on top. I'm running

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 FBSMTWB
Jim: You don't have to scroll to the bottom. Click on Login upper right side.