Old trucks... lets see them!

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Re: Old trucks... lets see them!

Post by rweaver »

only thing is BB will make money at it the prices he paid were at givaway prices

bbaker
First and Last Name: Bryan Baker

Post by bbaker »

I really want a 4x4 dually with a 5 speed and a big block as a bonus, so not for sale yet.....
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Just a BTDTBTS perspective.
Too many projects and something is bound to get lost in the shuffle.I now you can only keep so much stuff at the house so being away from it doesn't help.
I wanted a big brawny truck too and had my 1 ton.Then gas went to 4.00 plus a gallon,more tractors,more tools,more hobbies and what happened,the truck sat and never got used or fixed.I finally sold it and then gas dropped like a rock :oops: .....sorry I sold it,nope.One less thing to title,plate,insure every year.One less thing to drop cash on cause it sets and when you go to drive it somethings broken/worn out from lack of use.
I know the fun of the chase but after you spend weekend after weekend beating your brains out to make stuff work the fun starts to fade.
You got a good solid truck that might not look just like you would want but work on it as you can,drive and enjoy it.

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

I hear you BM, and undersand what you are saying. The investment in all of this stuff is very minimal, and when I am done I think I can sell off the excess parts and maybe even come out even with a free or nearly free truck, before I start on body work of course. I think at this point I am gonna take a weekend this spring sometime and switch cabs and motors around on the frame I want to keep. Once I have that running I can then bring it back to my house to do the needed body work and fix all the minor stuff I would want working. So if anyone wants to come help soemtime this spring by all means let me know. Maybe instead of a plowday we could have a truck build day down at the farm, and if you really want to plow we can find something for you to plow. Or or or.. there is all kinds of jobs on the farm you can bring your tractors and do, etc?

I have thought several times about having a loader day.... We can always dig the sediment back out of one of the ponds! :)

So anyone in for a truck build day at Baker farm? :)
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

Racenitro
First and Last Name: Frank S. Morski

Post by Racenitro »

Between BB and BM, por Mikie does not stand a chance...LOL....

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

where is ole mikie anyway? :)

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

I may have lost my everloving mind... I just bought another truck... 86 ford dually with a 6.9 diesel manual tranny. I bought it cheap without a title. I want the bed off it and will probably sell the rest.
Attachments
!C!-kNJQBGk~$(KGrHqR,!lwEz+3s1ZW(BNFoE()Mz!~~_12.jpg
!C!-kO9w!Wk~$(KGrHqF,!hMEzetyBM+IBNFoEpFbZg~~_12.jpg
!CB!rv1g!mk~$(KGrHqJ,!iwE0FkBI37wBNF3F8YS-g~~_12.jpg

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

BB

Thats a good eng, oh and its about time you got a way from the government motors corp! Now you can be cool like Big Mike, Frank m, Nate and I owning a
FORD!

OL CAL Dosnt count, as someone said he dosnt have any friends! :o

I dont even now his coworker Sebold but I like him!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Vince, we'll see but I ain't much on Ford.... just cause I have a mustang don't mean I like Ford... lol

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Post by Scott C. »

This is a great Ford forum 67 to 72
http://www.fordification.com/forum/index.php

They also have a 73-79 group.
http://www.fordification.net/index.htm
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

junderwood
First and Last Name: John Underwood

Post by junderwood »

BB,

Your gettin more like Mikie every minute. Next thing you'll be spry bombing the Ford in the snow and trying to sell the Ford on a Chevy forum.

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

yeah.. I don't think so... there are a lot of differences...

Racenitro

Post by Racenitro »

BB..
Now if you wanted power and torque..you'd fix up that ford and the smoker...and wave at the gas stations as you pass by...
The diesels get nearly double the mileage and oh yeah lots more power....

I got a good front 4x4 axle that will fit that 86...all you will need is budd hubs...

Also have the rear and it is a dual wheel rear so the ratio's will match

I have owned a bunch of both government motors trucks and FMC trucks.. Gov. Motors can't hold a candle to the furds...
Way past 1 million miles on fords and the gm's never got close
Oh and I love the 16-18 mpg of the powerstroke while pulling my backhoe grossing 26,000

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Is that 6.9 worth using? I know the 7.3 is a good motor, but I thought the 6.9's had issues?

Racenitro

Post by Racenitro »

Most were not turbo charged. They still are good engines. Some are and there are retro kts to turbocharge them.

They still have tons of torque and get decent mileage. I would bet better than the 454.

Lots and lots of them out there.

believe they are a little nosier than the 7.3. Each version gets quieter and quieter. Personally, I like the sound of a stout diesel....

shultzie
First and Last Name: Kent Shultz

Post by shultzie »

My "beater" truck.
'77 F250 460 cu. in.
Attachments
6-16-08 017small.jpg
6-16-08 018small.jpg

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

Homer_Simpson.jpg
Homer_Simpson.jpg (16.02 KiB) Viewed 10618 times

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Ken

NICE RIDE!

Notice

There is no way that BB is getting like Mike. BB wouldnt own a 110 LMAO!

Im with Frank, Id rather have the diesel than the 454, BUT what do i know, NUTTIN!
Attachments
DONT PICK ON BB
DONT PICK ON BB
-Andrew Jackson

dmcdowell
First and Last Name: Dan McDowell

Post by dmcdowell »

I have had this one for 25yrs and 355,000 miles. 400cid with a turbo 400 trans. I couldn't part with it when I replaced it with the new one.
Attachments
101_0112 (Small).JPG

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

BB just to mess with your mind a little the frame widths are not the same between chevy and ford if I remeber right ford is wider

Bsmith
First and Last Name: Brandon Smith

Post by Bsmith »

Here are some pics of my Dad's old 72 Ford with some cubs.
Attachments
tractor collection 033.jpg
tractor collection 032.jpg
tractor collection 030.jpg
tractor collection 009.jpg
tractor collection 007.jpg

Racenitro

Post by Racenitro »

Weaver...
I believe it is the other way around. When I built my front BUMPER-WINCH-PLOW setup, I built it for a chevy first and then modified for ford. I believe the ford was narrower.

I could easily be wrong and a good measuring tape would be the answer.

Thanks Vince....for the support....

First On Race Day.......no not found on road dead....LOL

juniors1282
First and Last Name: Eric Ferguson

Post by juniors1282 »

My truck is considered old to most but as good as new to me. She's only 9 years old, and she has 300,000 miles on her, but she's just starting to break in. I will never own a truck that doesn't have a power stroke in it! Don't tell my wife I put this picture on here, LOL.
Attachments
Labor Day Weekend 2009 00020.JPG
One man's junk is another man's tractor!

Mayor
First and Last Name: Tony Woodrum

Post by Mayor »

75 Loadstar 1700 project. Sorry the pic. is blurry...only one I could find right now.
Attachments
Loadstar.jpg

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Hers my old one
Attachments
100_6584.jpg
-Andrew Jackson

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

The Loadstar 1650 I used to plow snow with for the state. Fuller non-synced 5 speed. I'm about 17 in that pic.
a.jpg
My 57 B-61 Mack tandem Thermodyne 673 with a quad box (20 speed and a "Stroh's is Love" bumper sticker). The Transtar tri-axle next to it had a 238 Detroit with a Roadranger 15 speed. Whata dog. One thing you could do with that two stroke was leave the brakes locked. stall it in a higher gear and twist the driveline up, when the motor quit and it started to spin backwards from the twist in the driveline it would start and run backwards with smoke coming out of the air cleaner. Not good for it though, the oil pump wouldn't pump so you just did it to win bets 8-)
B-Model.jpg
B-Model.jpg (15.83 KiB) Viewed 10491 times
My DM Mack Tandem was a tough truck with a lot of overhang on the bed, you could get a load over the edge almost any hill with it. The 22 ply rock tires on the front would beat the crap out of you till they warmed up. When you parked it after working all day it would make a flat spot on the tire as they cooled. That's me at 20
DM.jpg
DM.jpg (15.48 KiB) Viewed 10491 times
I've got to see if I can find pictures of some of my other old trucks, a couple 77 Ford F-150's (no old Chevy's) an 81 Ford, R-Models, Internationals, White Road Boss, Brockway, GMC Astro, Freightliner and probably a couple more. Most of them scary junk.

Vince,
Real man trucks. A/C was a floor vent you kicked open. Stereo? Not a chance, trucks were so noisy if you had a CB you had to mount an external speaker as close to your head as you could so you can hear it. :lol:

juniors1282
First and Last Name: Eric Ferguson

Post by juniors1282 »

Here's an old international that was at the truck show in Louisville, KY a couple years ago. I had better pictures of it but can't seem to find them now. I was taking picture's of the pumps for my uncle who was restoring a pump at the time. I think it was a 39' or 40' but I don't remember now. The restoration on this truck was one of the best I've ever seen.

Scott thought you might injoy this mack it was at the same show. I don't remember the year but it was near perfect.
Attachments
truck show 00023.JPG
truck show 00019.JPG
One man's junk is another man's tractor!

Racenitro

Post by Racenitro »

Scott..
I'll have to get some pictures of my 73 R Model mack twin screw dump truck. It was repowered with a 3208 cat and has a 13over trans. Use it on the farm to haul dirt. Has the same rock tires you mention and yep..they have a cold natured flat spot in the morning....

Or I could picture my 1952 Bay City Crane Truck Chassis..that I am scrapping. Has a gas engine 5spd with Hi-low box or affectionatly called a 2-sticker...and 9.25 ratio rears....
Frame is 18" tall and betweem 3/4" and 3" thick...
Attachments
DSCN3882 [640x480].JPG
DSCN3437 [640x480].JPG

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

as sometimes happens with my projects I get side tracked. It appears as if I will be traveling to eastern Up state NY to go get this. It's a 98 4x4 with the 454 in it. I am still deciding on what do to with all the rest of the stuff I bought. I am tempted to keep the good cab, the 454, dually 4x4 frame, and the bed I just got so that I can still build a truck out of it, and sell the rest of the stuff. We'll see, as I may just sell all of it. I think for what I have in it I can make a few $$ and come out ok in the end.
Attachments
1998 dually.jpg
1998 dually 2.jpg

mpfeiffer
First and Last Name: Matt Pfeiffer

Post by mpfeiffer »

Nice looking flatbed BB. Doese it have the 5 speed in it like you wanted or did you have to settle for the auto?