Email addresses

This is a Suggestion Box of sorts. We need your input to make this the best Cub Cadet site on the net!
ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Email addresses

Post by ksanders »

Remember on the old site when you clicked on a profile, the person's email address was right there for everyone? Is that a current feature I'm unaware of? If not, I personally would love to have that back if possible. Of course it could be optional to everyone whether or not they wanted it to be displayed, but given that only members can view profiles anyways I'd have no problem having my email in my profile. I personally preferred when people emailed me over having to come look at a PM everytime I get a message.
That's just me, I don't know what privacy issues arise or what other people's views are on this. It's certainly doesn't hurt me one way or the other.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Re: Email addresses

Post by Dave C »

It actually does show right above were you can PM the person.....it actually just says "email personxvz" only problem is if you use a web based email program the ink tries to pull up outlook..... something id like to fix but the email option is there.
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

Thanks Dave, I wasn't aware of that option. Still some learning to do as far as navigating with all of the site features.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Dave C wrote:It actually does show right above were you can PM the person.....it actually just says "email personxvz" only problem is if you use a web based email program the ink tries to pull up outlook..... something id like to fix but the email option is there.
I don't see it. I want to email a certain forum member ( he says "Drop me an email, I don't get to spend much time on here these days" ) but other than PM, I see no other contact info.

Thanks
Jeff

edit, I just checked my own profile and although I have "Users can contact me by e-mail: Yes No " checked YES, I do NOT see any email contact link. :?:
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

Dave C
Web Developer

Post by Dave C »

Whe i click on your profile its there.....
email (Medium).JPG

Jeff in Pa

Post by Jeff in Pa »

I just rechecked my own profile and it doesn't show that way, only the PM option :?:

Maybe I have a setting wrong.

Thanks for the help
Jeff

Dave C
Web Developer

Post by Dave C »

Well i guess i lied! as admin everything is enabled.... and sometimes we forget that. i tested your permissions and yep no email address. I dont think this is by design i think we just plain missed it. although i could be wrong. not even sure where the setting is.

Jeff in Pa

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Dave C wrote:Well i guess i lied! as admin everything is enabled.... and sometimes we forget that. i tested your permissions and yep no email address. I dont think this is by design i think we just plain missed it. although i could be wrong. not even sure where the setting is.
"Lied" is too strong a word here. Well just go with "incorrect" or "mistaken" :beer:

At what time you find the "switch" to enable members to email other members, mine is ready to go. :D

Jeff in Pa

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Jeff in Pa wrote:
Dave C wrote:Well i guess i lied! as admin everything is enabled.... and sometimes we forget that. i tested your permissions and yep no email address. I dont think this is by design i think we just plain missed it. although i could be wrong. not even sure where the setting is.
"Lied" is too strong a word here. Well just go with "incorrect" or "mistaken" :beer:

At what time you find the "switch" to enable members to email other members, mine is ready to go. :D
It works now :beer: Thank you very much for turning the magic switch

Jeff

Dave C
Web Developer

Post by Dave C »

Jeff,

Yea i found the setting.... Which i know was on before. not sure how it got turned off.... oh well

dave

Jeff in Pa

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Dave C wrote:Jeff,

Yea i found the setting.... Which i know was on before. not sure how it got turned off.... oh well

dave
I would have bet a dollar it was on before too. Anyway, it's working and thanks once again