E-mail?

This is a Suggestion Box of sorts. We need your input to make this the best Cub Cadet site on the net!
OhioBinder
First and Last Name: David Gregg

E-mail?

Post by OhioBinder »

The other day I wanted to contact a member who had a CC listed in the for sale section. I went to his profile and clicked on the send an E-mail icon. I then proceded with my message and sent it. The program also sent a copy to me.
This promted the PM thread started by Bill.
Other forums that I am on use this same type of format to protect the recievers E-mail address, you send a message and it is forwarded to them thru the site with your address attacted and they can choose to drectly E-mail you or go back thru the site.
This is where the problem is, the program does not include anybody's address nor does it allow you to send back thru the site, it just gives you a webmasters address to report spam and inappropriate stuff.
Last night I sent an E-mail to my self thru my profile and it was the same, I recieved the original and a copy since I sent it to myself.
This morning I see that we now have PM and E-mail icons under our info on the rt of the screen, so I clicked on the E-mail icon to myself and it worked just like it did before.
Seems to me that it should at least forward someones E-mail to be of any use at all .
So I guess you need to include an E-mail address in the body of you message for it to do any good at all, otherwise the feature is worthless.
Or maybe I just don't have a clue. I'm just going on how it works on other forums that use the same or similar format.
David Gregg
NW oIHo

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Re: E-mail?

Post by Scott C. »

Give it a try now.
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

OhioBinder

Post by OhioBinder »

Scott C. wrote:Give it a try now.
The E-mail icon is gone now so it is hard to try it. Or did I miss something?
David Gregg
NW oIHo

Trebor
First and Last Name: Robert Ganyard

Post by Trebor »

Hi David,
When you are viewing a post that you wish to respond by email, look over to the far right under the posters name. There you will see a small blueish envelope. Click that and email away. That works for me. You can test by responding to one of your own posts. The email will come to your in box.
“May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, The foresight to know where you are going, And the insight to know when you have gone too far”.

OhioBinder

Post by OhioBinder »

Trebor
That envelope icon wasn't there earlier, and real early there was an icon that said e-mail on it (that didn't work). I think someone is playing mind games with me. :roll:
I must have checked back inbetween things.
David Gregg
NW oIHo

Trebor
First and Last Name: Robert Ganyard

Post by Trebor »

You are correct, the envelope was not there in the beginning, as email was turned off at the start (probably a default setting). The administrators have been busy fine tuning things as the forum gets going. I'm thinking having email ability is going to be very useful for most all of us.
“May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, The foresight to know where you are going, And the insight to know when you have gone too far”.