Geezer's Dealer Stickers

This is a Suggestion Box of sorts. We need your input to make this the best Cub Cadet site on the net!
wdeturck

Geezer's Dealer Stickers

Post by wdeturck »

I mentioned this in an E-mail but I want a closed site that I can post the IH Dealer Decals. I won't be working on it till this winter but I have to get the 400+ photos residing on that thread, Thanks for any help or suggestions. When I get the decal photos I will be able to finish my Yahoo Map.

John T
First and Last Name: John Teller

Re: Geezer's Dealer Stickers

Post by John T »

Scott took care of that - you've got your very own sandbox now.

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

I did 10 decal pictures and it isn't easy and I will have to go back and link them to my YAHOO MAP where I would like to have people look for their decals there and find them on the map.

Do I have to lock the Decal site? I think it's open but I didn't want to lock it and lock my self out till I got the first 100 decals. I might let it open and they can post their decals and I can edit them and delete those posts and I can add them on to the end(highest number which will be locked.

Looking for an easy way to move my pictures to the site but can only do one at a time. I think I can get my pictures put in Adobe reader if that can be uploaded to this site. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Willy
First and Last Name: Ray Williams

Post by Willy »

Geezer,
This is just a suggestion but I'm wondering if breaking those down by "State" would help manage all those images better. So the breakdown would look something like this:

Main Geezer Dealer Sticker page, then individual threads under that for each state.
Connecticut
Massachusetts
Pennsylvania
Ohio
New York
and so on...

It would also be easier to figure out which states you don't have and might motivate forum members to go on a hunt for those missing states :D

It's just a suggestion but it might put some order to all those images instead of having pages and pages of stickers and having to click through all of them to find what you're looking for.

wdeturck wrote:I did 10 decal pictures and it isn't easy and I will have to go back and link them to my YAHOO MAP where I would like to have people look for their decals there and find them on the map.

Do I have to lock the Decal site? I think it's open but I didn't want to lock it and lock my self out till I got the first 100 decals. I might let it open and they can post their decals and I can edit them and delete those posts and I can add them on to the end(highest number which will be locked.

Looking for an easy way to move my pictures to the site but can only do one at a time. I think I can get my pictures put in Adobe reader if that can be uploaded to this site. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

Willy wrote:Geezer,
This is just a suggestion but I'm wondering if breaking those down by "State" would help manage all those images better. So the breakdown would look something like this:

Main Geezer Dealer Sticker page, then individual threads under that for each state.
Connecticut
Massachusetts
Pennsylvania
Ohio
New York
and so on...

It would also be easier to figure out which states you don't have and might motivate forum members to go on a hunt for those missing states :D

It's just a suggestion but it might put some order to all those images instead of having pages and pages of stickers and having to click through all of them to find what you're looking for.

wdeturck wrote:I did 10 decal pictures and it isn't easy and I will have to go back and link them to my YAHOO MAP where I would like to have people look for their decals there and find them on the map.

Hi Willy; I started the decals in the random fashion with #1 and got to #400+ before the crash and I could find out if I did or didn't have a decal by searching my pictures by the city and /or town name. My Yahoo Map was started in the same fashion so I'm trying to stick with that numbering system. I wish I knew how to make a spread sheet with all the information on the decals then I could find them by any details and would know the number I used. I have a lot of information on my Yahoo map that I don't have with my saved picture decals that should be on the spread sheet I need. I also lost a lot of dealer information that I only added on the IH Registry Decal pages that is the history that I was given or found out.

Will work on it this winter and may find an easier way to do the site and Yahoo Map.