Ignition switch connector sources?

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Ignition switch connector sources?

Post by VScott »

Looking to buy a bulk lot (10-25 ea.) of the ignition switch connectors like in the picture below. found them on ebay for $8.99 ea, but I hope they can be bought cheaper.

Part numbers would be great.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I should have specified, I am looking for the black plastic connectors, NOT the terminals.

2nd EDIT: looked back at a previous thread, and found that they are gm type 56 terminals, and the 5-way connector is a delphi model 2973422. Found a vendor online "waytek inc." who offers them for .38 each. There is a "small order fee (under $35.00) of $5.00 plus actual shipping. Should bring them in under $1.00 each.

Has anyone ever dealt with them, or is there another good online source?
Attachments
5way.jpg
5way.jpg (5.75 KiB) Viewed 2606 times

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Re: Ignition switch connector sources?

Post by Jlaws »

Heres one place .........

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Del ... 4NRg%3D%3D

EDIT : I was in the process of posting this while you were editing your post and didn't know you had found them cheaper . I knew you could do better than $8.99 apiece and thought I did good when I found them for a little over $1 apiece , until
I seen your edited post .

Its a Delphi part and if you use the part # 02973422 in a google search it comes up quite often .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

VScott

Post by VScott »

Thanks, Jess.

I almost just deleted the post, but I figured that I would leave the info up here in case anybody else needed some of them. Will probably order them early this week by phone. I will keep everybody posted on how the whole deal goes.

I think I have 5 tractors here that need them and I have given away I bet 6 of the connectors in the last 2 months. Running out of junk harnesses to steal them from.

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

Same connector was used on the PTO switch on the cyclops tractors.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

VScott

Post by VScott »

Found a good deal thru a local vendor. They come in a package of 5 for $4.00. I purchased 20 of them. They were called a "packard" connector in their catalog rather than a "Delphi" as I was calling them. They had to be shipped in, which brought the total to about $26.00. Pretty close to the target price that I had in mind. Would rather pay in person than have card numbers floating around everywhere.

Steve...I hadn' t thought of the pto connector. Thanks for the good info.