Cub Cadet 2284 Hydraulic Issues

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
christoddotis
First and Last Name: Christopher Todd Davidson

Cub Cadet 2284 Hydraulic Issues

Post by christoddotis »

Got a question and I wonder if anyone has ever ran into it. I have a Cub Cadet 2284 that I changed the axle seals. I started it up and it is weeping Hydraulic Fluid out of the vents. Anyone ever experienced this issue before? Any help would be appreciated.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Re: Cub Cadet 2284 Hydraulic Issues

Post by Tom Scott »

Hi Chris, Welcome Aboard!

There is only one "vent" for the transmission/rear combination and that is on the top of the differential all the way towards the rear.  That wouldn't leak unless you massively overfilled it.

I suspect you are referring to the check valves at the top of the actual hydro unit, towards the driveshaft.  They appear as two beefy hex heads at the top.  They have a weep hole that will leak if the valves go bad.

If it is these that are leaking you can try removing and cleaning with spray cleaner, but you'll likely have to replace whichever one is leaking.  They are very expensive new.  I've purchased before from eBay from a guy on there that rebuilds them, that can save some money.
So, post back if I've guessed correctly or if you've something else going on. :beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Welcome Chris! A 2284...that's a whole lot of tractor right there! What do you have for attachments? Oh yeah..i almost forgot...Your initiation into our club is for you to post a picture or two of your tractor or in most of our cases, tractors.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Welcome!

Hopefully Tim has you on track?

I do agree pictures are a great addition!