Hydraulic Tee - Specifications??

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
DBork
First and Last Name: Dave Bork

Hydraulic Tee - Specifications??

Post by DBork »

Hi All,

Looking for advice on setting up a Tee in the dual hydraulics on my Cub Cadet 1512 - i think this is the same as on the 82 seriec tractors (?).

I want to tee the output at the hydraulic valve so that pressure can go to the existing front lines and rear hydraulic lines that i want to add (rear hydraulics).

Do any of you know what the specification is (JIC, NPTF or SAE?) and size (1/4 inch or 3/8 inch ?) for the 90 degree male elbow threaded port coming out of the hydraulic control valve??

I am trying to avoid too much trial and error down time, so knowing the correct spec Tee would be great.

Thanks for any help,
Dave B.
Saunderstown, RI
Cub Cadet 1512
Cub Cadet 73

red82s
First and Last Name: Adrian Gitch

Re: Hydraulic Tee - Specifications??

Post by red82s »

You could check with Aaron at xtrememotorworks he actually sells the kits to do it.
Adrian

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

If im reading this correctly your interested in the spec of the female threaded ports on the hydraulic valve?
IF so then its not any of those the spec on all those is ORB stands for O Ring Boss. and i beleive the valve is size 6 on the outputs which stands for 6/16ths or 3/8ths seems to me the inputs on the tranny are ORB-8 or 1/2in. Those parts can be had all over the net... when i did my custom as many other did all the custom work we did was with flareless fittings.... they are figgin cool and easy!
If your talking about the 90 itself then that im pretty sure without checking is 37 degree JIC and pretty sure its 3/8ths... theres actually charts on the net that will show u how to measure them to be sure u got the right size... do a google search
i think this is where i got my stuff
http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/
dave

ps: The engine compartment is awful tight on them diesels....and i toyed around with several different options but i beleive i ended up changing the 90s at the valve to flareless fittings and went down into the frame area and T'ed both down there and headed forward and rearward.... but i had nothing to work with i was starting from scratch!
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

DBork
First and Last Name: Dave Bork

Post by DBork »

Hi,
Thanks for the info Dave C. - exactly what i needed!

I am planning to add the rear hydraulics this spring when the weather breaks. It does look tight in there - i also thought about adding the Tee up front near the existing front ports (easier to get to) and then running lines back to the rear.

Will read up on ORB and JIC fittings and learn how to ID them.

Thanks!
Dave B
Saunderstown, RI
Cub Cadet 1512
Cub Cadet 73

mmzullo
First and Last Name: Mike Marzullo

Post by mmzullo »

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

Yep i have bought stuff there also.... hard to remember the names sometimes...
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......