Xtreme Motorworks 3 pt question...

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Xtreme Motorworks 3 pt question...

Post by Tom Scott »

They mention that "You can leave your deck on and lock it in the up position while using your 3 point accessories." Does anyone know how they are doing this?
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Re: Xtreme Motorworks 3 pt question...

Post by SWilliams »

Well on the later cyclops this is easy. You lift the deck all the way up. Then crank the height adjuster stop up until it locks the deck in place. On my 1641 the adjuster sticks out the back. The lift cylinder isn't pinned solid to the deck lift rockshaft.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator

Post by Tom Scott »

Steve - That sounds good for the later Cyclops, but the earlier deck lift stop with the cam on the outside of the frame doesn't work well. All three of mine have the cam on the outside of the frame, and it is just not a good design. I certainly would not want to trust it to hold up something heavy, like my 450 blower.

At any rate, I am just curious if Aaron Schmidt has come up with a better way of keeping the deck or other front attachments raised up while using the three point.
<><

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Post by Farmallgray »

Tom,
I wouldn't think it would be too hard to rig up some kind of hook or pin system to hold the deck linkage up.

With that said, unless you are working with a 60" deck on a Super, for me it would hardly be worth it. I can usually have the deck off any of my tractors in less than a minute so I just take them off and get them completely out of the way.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator

Post by Tom Scott »

Todd - I agree with the deck removal for winter or most other 3 point use of a tractor. And, as you say, the 50C deck pulls out very quickly.

What is going on is that I am nearly done installing my factory 3 point with rear pto on the 2182. Most of the time it is a loader tractor and has never seen a deck while I have owned it. So, the factory lift will be dedicated to the 3 point anyway while in loader duty.

So what I am really after: In the winter, this will become the 450 blower tractor, and I am toying with the idea of a back blade on the 3 point with the blower up front.

I know this may not be easy to pull off with one rockshaft operating the front and rear, but I am just considering the possibilities without having to go to separate hydraulic lifts. I just don't have time for big fabrication right now.
<><

SWilliams

Post by SWilliams »

You wouldn't be able to lock the blower up unless you install a lock on the blower. Or if you install a second lift cylinder that only handles the 3 point. Or if you have front ports you could install a lift cylinder on the blower itself. I have been looking at that option. Would make it a LOT easier to deal with.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator

Post by Tom Scott »

OK, as per an email from Aaron Schmidt, he is simply referring to the deck lift stop. That would be ok for careful, short term use of the three point with the deck on, but I wouldn't trust that thing to keep a 450 blower raised up!

I will have to think on this, but as Steve says, a separate front hydraulic lift for the blower may end up being the easiest. Definitely the most useful.

I do have a nice Xtreme Motorworks A-Frame on the way though. I need something to hang on my new hitch!
<><

dang
First and Last Name: Dan Glover

Post by dang »

I am interested in one of their 3 Pt hitch set-up for my 982 and was wondering when I raise and lower the snow plow if the 3 Pt will also raise and lower because it works of the same cylinder.

red82s
First and Last Name: Adrian Gitch

Post by red82s »

The 3pt will move with it.
Adrian

tschulte
First and Last Name: Tom Schulte

Post by tschulte »

For anyone who has used a separate hydraulic cylinder to lift the 3 point, what size cylinder did you use and where did you mount it? I have a 2072 and I'm considering this option. Any photos would be helpful. TIA!

SWilliams

Post by SWilliams »

I used a spare factory unit that I had on the 1641. It is mounted in the tunnel next to the hydro on a steel plate that is similar to the supers power steering mount. Took it apart and made a new rod for it our of tool steel. Threaded the end and made a short slotted section for the end. Works off a third valve on the dash. Top valve controls the front and rear ports through an electronic selector valve. Mid valve still operates the factory cylinder and lower valve operates the rear 3 point.
Didn't take pics and currently she's wearing the cab and blower so not real easy to see in the tunnel.