Catergory O

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
kbrothers
First and Last Name: Ken Brothers

Catergory O

Post by kbrothers »

Got my catergory O for the 2082 from Aaron Extreme Motor this week Great workmanship just hope to get it painted tomorrow and get it installed Monday which is my Saturday Next step is to make a potato plow for it Any one built one? Have a great weekend all!! Ken in Pa

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Re: Catergory O

Post by Tom Scott »

Ken - Nothing wrong with building one, but Hawkline has a Cat 0 with Cat 1 pins. http://www.gohawkline.com/pdf/Hawkline.pdf Change the pins and you are good to go. Looks like most if not all of the Hawkline sub-compact stuff is Cat 0 spacing. I think other manufacturers have it, but I can't remember right now.

Also, look at Northern Tool for Cat 0 implements. Northern has a lot of the Hawkline stuff, but I don't think they have middle buster/sub-soiler. For easy identification, all of the Hawkline Cat 0 stuff is painted orange.

On edit: Northern has a King-Kutter. Listed as a Cat 1, but it is Cat 0 spacing with Cat 1 pins.
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

kbrothers
First and Last Name: Ken Brothers

Post by kbrothers »

Thanks; tom I'll check them out Ken in Pa

jglass
First and Last Name: John K. Glass

Post by jglass »

I saw a sleeve for a cat 1 to cat 0 at Rural King. TSC probably has them too. jglass

AJGross
First and Last Name: AJ Gross

Post by AJGross »

Don't forget that a cat 1 top link is totally different than a cat 0. For my grader blade, I welded a cat 1 ball onto a piece of all thread so i could just change out the end of my top link to go from cat 0 to cat 1.

AJ