Dual Hydro question and PTO question

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
elbertjolley
First and Last Name: Elbert Jolley

Dual Hydro question and PTO question

Post by elbertjolley »

Some back ground on what I have it is a 1810 with a 44C deck and mule drive and think about putting dual hydros on it. What all can you do with front hydro hook ups and is it worth it? Now the Pto question when I start mowing and get in tall grass all the belts slow down but, do not stop or squel just slow down. This has started since I got it freed up. Before anytime you cut it on it would not cut off so I sprayed PB blaster in the gap between the mounting bolt in the center and pulley took a couple time but it cuts off and on like it should but, now I have the problem listed above. Could the belts be too long, on the PTO to deck one is 1/2" x 72" and the one on the deck is 1/2"x77 or vice verse i I got the belt sizes from another site. I recently replaced them, by the way the 1810 have been sitting under the shelter for about 8 years before I got it out and running. I had to do something the LT1046 I bought in 2008 is a pain in the neck probally worst thing I have ever bought. The belt won't stay on it or the pulleys bust the center out of them. I have about 2acres to mow in my yard each week.

mikeyb
First and Last Name: Michael Bobbitt

Re: Dual Hydro question and PTO question

Post by mikeyb »

Elbert,

The front ports are just used for a power angle blade.
You would have to change out your hydro pump for a ported one.
If you are going to do it I would make the whole tractor hydraulic and turn it into an 1812.

You need a 5/8" belt.

red82s
First and Last Name: Adrian Gitch

Re: Dual Hydro question and PTO question

Post by red82s »

I don't think your pto to deck belt should only be 1/2". Should be about 5/8?
Adrian