2160 mower deck

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
GatorDave
First and Last Name: Dave Grimley

2160 mower deck

Post by GatorDave »

hi guys just had a good conf=dition 2160 given to me but the 48" deck has bad cancer so i have to replace it to be able to mow. what decks will fit that tractor? ho big of a deck can i get for it? better yet, anyone have a source for a used shell? all the mechanics on it are good but they fall through the shell. thanks guys
Nothing works like a Cub!

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Re: 2160 mower deck

Post by VScott »

54" is about the biggest you can get, but they are hard to find in good shape. I have a couple of 48" decks, but we are long distance apart.

mgonitzke
First and Last Name: Matt Gonitzke

Post by mgonitzke »

I have a used shell from a 48" lawn tractor deck back in IL, but the shipping to get it to you is probably more than what you'd spend on a used deck :(
Original, 582 w/ 18 hp Kohler Command, 682 w/ Kwik-Way loader, 782, 782D, 1872 My Cub Site

GatorDave
First and Last Name: Dave Grimley

Post by GatorDave »

thanks Mike and Mr Scott, been looking around here locallyy and on ebay, good lord knows from what i'm seeing shipping from Ill may not be that bad.. I'll keep lookin but who knows I may get desperate or may getlucky, my step son has abuddy that has his own moving truck and makes runs up north. if I find out he's headin up our way i'll contact ya sooner rather than later
Nothing works like a Cub!