Hydraulic hoses

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
mmzullo
First and Last Name: Mike Marzullo

Hydraulic hoses

Post by mmzullo »

Hi Guys,
Happy new year. I converted my 1811 to duals hydaulics. I have a power angle blade that I want to put on. The hydarulic hoses are a little short. The blade was for a QL. They go on but they could be longer. I thought about putting on 45 or 90 deg elbow. I think this is enough. Are the fittings ORB or JIC? I pulled 1 of the quick connectors off and it's not pipe thread(I forgot it was a different thread). Is the threads at the piston this same thread?
Thanks Mike

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Re: Hydraulic hoses

Post by Farmallgray »

Most cylinders have ORB fittings. The quick coupler end should be pipe. If you post a pic I can probably tell you for sure.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

mmzullo

Post by mmzullo »

The quick coupler/hose end seems to have a straight thread not pipe. But it also has no o ring. I'm not goingout today to do it but I'll post a picture tomorrow.

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

Should be pipe thread on that end of the hose....sometimes i have seen pipe thread not have much taper at all... so long at least one componet has a taper it will seal. Not sure what other thread it could be.
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

mmzullo

Post by mmzullo »

Well I took the coulper end off because it was easy and you guys where right. It's pipe thread so I could get away with using a 45 street elbow to change the angle of the hose. I didn't take the piston side of do you think that's pipe also? I don't fell like getting greasy today. Tomorrow I'm going to put a new starter in it. So I'll be working on that.
Thanks !

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

Mike,

No like todd says generally the pistons and valves etc are ORB... again generally... sometimes they are pipe. It becomes very obvious when u take it apart...there should be an o ring. :lol:
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

mmzullo

Post by mmzullo »

Ok thanks. I thought he meant both side of the hose . So 1 side will be pipe and the other will or should be ORB. I'll look tomorrow. How about rebuilding the cyclinder? It looks welded on the end and not like the aux. hydro lift cyclinders.