1882 carb

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
kbrothers
First and Last Name: Ken Brothers

1882 carb

Post by kbrothers »

My 1882 snow duty tractor sat out covered with a tarp for a week or two Has been down to zero most of that time This afternoon is about 32 Had to use starting fluid twice to start it was turning over great as I kept battery maitainer on it Shold I be looking for a fuel pump Thanks Ken in Pa

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Re: 1882 carb

Post by Jlaws »

Ken , did it continue to run after you started it with starter fluid , or did it die?
If it won't stay running , could be a weak fuel pump , could be moisture (ice) in the carb , or fuel filter, or fuel lines .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

kbrothers

Post by kbrothers »

Jesse it stayed running so I guess I'll check the filter and fuel lines Gas is pretty fresh Thanks Ken in Pa

BillHouk
First and Last Name: Bill Houk

Post by BillHouk »

You might want to try using WD-40 insted of starting fluid. It'll start you're engine plus lube the upper cylinder at the same time. I myself no longer have a use for starting fluid.

kbrothers

Post by kbrothers »

Bill I'll give it a " shot " next time Thanks

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

WD-40 hasn't been flammable for quite a few years and if you aren't getting fuel through the carb it won't start . I haven't used WD-40 since that happen.

mgonitzke
First and Last Name: Matt Gonitzke

Post by mgonitzke »

wdeturck wrote:WD-40 hasn't been flammable for quite a few years
I find that extremely hard to believe...I've quite recently seen it used to torch wasp nests...
Original, 582 w/ 18 hp Kohler Command, 682 w/ Kwik-Way loader, 782, 782D, 1872 My Cub Site