Rear PTO, tiller and 1862

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
toyman
First and Last Name: Thom T

Rear PTO, tiller and 1862

Post by toyman »

Ok, I know that they did not make a rear pto or pto tiller for the 1862, but if I'm not mistaken, it has all the components to work. I have a Ruegg 3pt hitch on my 982 along with a rear pto and a 442 tiller. I'm wanting to move it all on to my 1862 (downsizing). Extrememotorworks makes the liftbar for the 1862, which I would need, but everything else should transfer over, correct? The intermediate shaft should be the same length from the output shaft to the rear pto. The actual pto and 3 point should mount without issue (ie: all bolt patterns should line up) I'd have to figure out how to wire the the rear pto and the shorter wheel base will necessitate front weights, but is there some inherent design issue that would keep me from moving these to the 1862?
Cub Cadet 70, 1862, and 982SGT, 442 PTO tiller, Ruegg 3 point hitch, 450 Snowblower, and 44" & 50" Decks.

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Re: Rear PTO, tiller and 1862

Post by Farmallgray »

I think you may run into some problems since the fenders sit higher on the Super. I assume the Reugg setup is a copy of the factory Super GT setup rather than a copy of the standard
gt setup that others sell. The Super hitch is physically taller than the gt one. I believe the Super frame has notches at the top for the rockshaft. And I'm thinking the gas tank on the 1862
sits right where the drive shaft needs to go. I do know some of the bolt holes are in different locations.

The Super hitch was originally designed for the 982 while the standard GTs (682, 782 etc) still used the earlier style lift pin 3 point. If the Super Cat 0 hitch would have fit the standard GT, I wouldn't think they would have designed a whole new Cat 0 hitch for them. It would have been a waste of money.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray