mag 20 hp flywheel

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
kbrothers
First and Last Name: Ken Brothers

mag 20 hp flywheel

Post by kbrothers »

Putting engine together and two of the flywheel magnets stuck on the stator when I pulled the fly wheel off Is ther a way to reglue them? What would cause them to come off. Was hoping to get it back together soon--but who knows Thanks Ken in Pa :(

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Re: mag 20 hp flywheel

Post by rweaver »

the magnets have a place to be if mixed up they wont work from what i am told i have a m18 flywheel here that will work uses the same part number as the m20 for 40.00 plus 12.00 shipping

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Kbrothers,
I tried to use epoxy on a 12.5 vertical and it didn't work I didn't know why till Rays suggestion of being in wrong never crossed my mind till now. I would go with Rays offer because you know it's right and I had to pay $100.00 for a used one locally 5 years ago for the 12.5. They said a new one was $140.00
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

Racenitro
First and Last Name: Frank S. Morski

Post by Racenitro »

They definitely HAVE to be placed in the correct polarity. Google the subject and there is a site that shows how to determine the correct polarity and how to reinstall.

http://enginesandmagnets.com/id2.html

Try this site...It should answer your questions.

AJGross
First and Last Name: AJ Gross

Post by AJGross »

To get the magnets on them in the correct order, just make sure that the ends are attracted to the magnet it's going to be next to.

AJ

mhl380
First and Last Name: Rick Rohde

Post by mhl380 »

hi all i just found the problem with my 18 magnum not charging when i found the magnets were all loose
i removed them all and cleaned them before i glued them back in not knowing they go in order south to north
i guess i will have to find me a new fly wheel thanks to this forum i saved $ not buying a new stator and regulator
and thanks to Matt G for helping me too. Rick