Super value

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
drcjv
First and Last Name: Charles Venezia

Super value

Post by drcjv »

Here is the question. What model is the most valuable Super? I don't want to know The one you would pay the most for ( because it is your favorite ) but the one that is actually worth the most and why. I have owned and sold over 25 supers. The one that has brought the most money for me is the 2182. I originally thought the 982 would be the most valuable but I have bought and sold them for about the same as an 1872. Lets also compare apples to apples and obviously a tractor with a 3 pnt and or rear PTO are worth more. I think the most valuable is the 1772 only made for one year, more rare than other models and it's a diesel. Personally I would want the most money for my 1872, it has a 3pnt and is as close to showroom as I have seen for a super and it is all original. I am sure I will never sell it because nobody would pay what I would want.
1572 3pnt rear PTO 50" deck, 1772 3pnt 50" deck, 1872 3pnt 44" deck, 2072 50" deck, three brinly 3pnt plows, 54 inch snow plow, cat 0 york rake.

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Re: Super value

Post by stevet »

That's a very interesting question you have, and I'm not sure there's really a clear cut answer. I think, by and large, condition plays more of a role in value than model. I have 2 1772's, neither of which I paid a whole lot for. And actually, the last one, I'm still looking for the red and blue lights in my rearview mirror! :D The reason I got it so cheap? The guy couldn't get it to start with the key and the fan belt blew. He was mad at it and just wanted rid of it. The ironic thing is, I paid less for it than my first 1772 and it's in much better shape! The key problem was that the brake safety switch was bad....pulled the wires and crossed them and problem solved. Fan belt was $12 and it's running like a champ!

That being said, I can see where the 1772 would have more value as far as being the least produced model, but otherwise I don't really know that model to model, there's much difference value-wise. Cyclops would probably bring more money by virtue of being newer, but not necessarily because of model #.

duke
First and Last Name: john carolan

Re: Super value

Post by duke »

drcjv wrote:Here is the question. What model is the most valuable Super? Personally I would want the most money for my 1872, it has a 3pnt and is as close to showroom as I have seen for a super and it is all original. I am sure I will never sell it because nobody would pay what I would want.
Not sure what super sells best?Like you i have a 1872 and i would not let it go.That goes for my 1882 and 2284.
But a good 2182 would be nice.