#2b tiller on a CCC 582

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
CDLong
First and Last Name: Charles Long Jr

#2b tiller on a CCC 582

Post by CDLong »

I have a 1984 CCC 582 with creeper gear. I purchased it with the intent of mounting a QA-42A in the winter and a #2 tiller for spring and fall. I didn't do my homework before hand & found out I have an aluminum rear, (live & learn). Has anyone mounted a #2 tiller on this type tractor? Did a lot of work to her to get her running & don't really want to sell/ trade her due to my goof up.
Thanks for any help.
75-1450 dual stick 220# wheel weights sleeve hitch, 2 link chains, 2-44C deck, front & rear 42" blades, , #2 tiller. 3rd hydraulic operates rear blade. 84-582 w/ creeper

Rmowl
First and Last Name: Rick Mowl Jr

Re: #2b tiller on a CCC 582

Post by Rmowl »

You would have to modify the tiller mounting bracket as the bolt pattern won't line up on the aluminum rear. I've never seen it done, you also will need the rockshaft and lift bar for the sleeve hitch in order to raise and lower the tiller, and the 582 being hand lift, you'll want spring assist to lift that heavy tiller. I have an IH 782 with a no. 2 tiller and it's awesome (cast iron rear)
too many IH cub cadets

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: #2b tiller on a CCC 582

Post by ksanders »

I don't know if I'd just drill new holes in the tiller gearbox mount and mount it. That aluminum rear probably won't hold the weight of the tiller hanging off of it. I know they offered the cat 0 hitch and 400 model tiller or something for this issue. Someone else can chime in on that.
They do make a plate similar to the cat 0 hitch plate that mounts to the back of the frame to take the weight instead of the aluminum rear. I have one of these in my barn I can get a picture of. The gearbox might mount to something like that and be fine. Of course the sleeve hitch clearance would be a question with this plate too.

Or there's always the option of getting a cheap cast iron rear end
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!