Another 2284

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Another 2284

Post by SWilliams »

Expecting a 2284 this weekend. Has a few issues but is a runner. I'm going to need to hunt up another tunnel cover as someone stepped on the current one and a better seat. Mechanically it looks OK other than a couple leaks in the hydro system and the typical wiring issues. Surprisingly the rear axle bolts are tight! But It's still going to get braced. Has a 551 blower and a 54" deck. Blower is missing the lift rod but so are half of the ones I've looked at, not sure how those get misplaced. Does have the lift arm on it already. May try the one off the 451I have and see if it will work, or make a new one for it out of solid stock. Have to work out the dimensions but that looks easy.

That afternoon I decide to wander craigslist, and true to form, 4-5 other supers get listed for sale !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: Another 2284

Post by JMotuzick »

Steve
You must be looking west of your area b/c I watch everything east of you and only see a 1782 on the far west side of my search area and to rich for me! Good luck with the new to you super! I read your signature line and wonder why you still have the 129? Everything else is a Cyclops!

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Sounds nice Steve. Send us some pics when u get her home....
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Hey, Steve, good for you! You're getting quite the stable full of machines!

Post some pics up when you get it. My newer 2182 had a plastic tunnel cover, and I just hate the black plastic look there. I got myself a good metal one from Ray Weaver to replace it. Also, there is room to tap the frame 1/4"-20 and use some flange head screws (reduced hex size for socket access, no locking serrations, don't want to tear up the sheet metal).
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

Joe,
Most of them are west or just south of me. Couple of 3000 series popped up yesterday as well... There's a nice 1782 up north but 3K for one is a bit high, even with low hours and a cab. Another 1782 down in Unadilla
This 3204 showed up right after I returned !!! https://syracuse.craigslist.org/grd/d/2 ... 49829.html The 129 is "in storage" at the moment. It was intended to become a 2 seat stretched show tractor but just don't seem to find the extra time.

Dave,
I plan on it.

Tom,
Yeah it's a stupid place to put plastic. Even if you're careful it gets kicked and hit. I'm going to pull it off an maybe weld it back together or make a custom steel cover. I might even see about getting a steel one, not sure yet. I did the 1/4 20 route on my other Cyclops machines already.

First thing will be to go through the wiring and delete a few things and fix the normal cyclops problems. I found some small BRIGHT LEDs to add for rear work lights. Plus the headlights will be replaced with LED.
I am thinking this might become a Red and Black machine. I saw a cyclops painted with a bleack frame and IH red fenders and plastic years ago and thought it was what they should have done. It looks downright mean compared to the safety yellow and cream.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."