1211 Charge Pump / Driveline Coupling

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
JLazar
First and Last Name: John Lazar

1211 Charge Pump / Driveline Coupling

Post by JLazar »

Hello! Happy Summer to you all! I've been working away on my scrap yard find model 1211 Cub Cadet! Long story short, I got the machine running, and it operates awesome! I then noticed a automatic relief valve leaking, and I replaced that. I got admit, I love how the rear fender pan separates from the tractor frame on my 1211 opposed to my Quiet Line, lol! Then I ran the tractor and now the charge pump seal is leaking. The leak is behind the driveline coupler, and in front of the charge pump. I have a seal kit handy for the charge pump.

Serial # 759549

Model # 147630100

Mfg Date: A307G

My question is: Was there a chrome ball between the coupler's brass swivel bushing? Or behind that swivel bushing inside the coupling body?

I cannot recall there being a chrome ball in there. My QL has the chrome ball. To answer my own question, I want to say no, but I don't know for sure. Can anyone reassure me?

Many thanks!
Expect The Best; IH Cub Cadet!

dale campbell
First and Last Name: Dale Campbell

Re: 1211 Charge Pump / Driveline Coupling

Post by dale campbell »

I know the quiet lines have them , I looked up the parts list on yours and it doesn't show any , is the end of the shaft rounded to eliminate the need for the ball ?