setting up a sleeve hitch plow for use on a 3point

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
JoeK
First and Last Name: Joey Koenen

setting up a sleeve hitch plow for use on a 3point

Post by JoeK »

Hello guy's, been a while and with the "roan virus" crap going around i hope everyone is doing well.
So I bought a brinly 10" plow off of eBay a few weeks ago, and after putting it together in my living room being proud of my purchase like some sort of center piece I decided to pull the 60" deck off of my 1772 and try get the plow set up. first... that dang deck is a bear to move around.. second, im sure there is info on here already but im not quite sure where to look,did some quick searching but couldn't find the info that I was looking for, if someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

thanks
Joe
1772 - my new toy
2086- main mower at home
Super LT 1554- has it easy mowing the lake lot

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: setting up a sleeve hitch plow for use on a 3point

Post by JMotuzick »

Joe
What are you asking? For set up info? Or how to bolt it on?

The info should be found in the document section above. I haven’t poked around there I. A while so I could be wrong.

As for mounting there was a guy on eBay making A-frame type adaptors with the Brinly Mount included. I bought one of these about 10 years ago, it came unpainted without the Brinly adaptor built in. I simply welded a piece of DOM and a pair of nuts and it was made to work for the Brinly Plow. Before I could test it, I found a Brinly cat0 Plow. I ha w never used it for more then just a 3 point stablizer.

JoeK

Post by JoeK »

JMotuzick, sorry for the confusion with my question, I have the plow already mounted on my tractor with an a-frame from xtream motorworks and was wondering if someone came a cross a lifting height issue combining a sleeve hitch plow and a 3point

I set the plow from the sleeve hitch manual and discovered that didn't really work that well for me. with the plow out of the ground its got 2" of clearance, witch makes me think i have an 3 point adjustment issue, but if I adjust it so I got ground clearance it wont touch the ground with the left tire on a 6" block. Maybe im way off in following the instructions and its way simpler then my brain is making it out to be, I mean its a plow after all :roll:

I personally don't know anyone with a setup similar to mine that I can lean on for advice, hopefully its my error. but for now ill keep searching the internet and youtube till i come across something that may help.
1772 - my new toy
2086- main mower at home

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

For the sleeve hitch plow you don't set the tractor on any blocks, just level so the sleeve hitch is level as well. Remember that the sleeve hitch on most tractors do not tilt like a three point can. Then you adjust the plow so it the rear of the depth guide is about 1 inch off the ground for the initial furrow. The angle to level it when in a furrow is built into the plow. For the rest of the furrows you set the depth using the crank handle to hit 5-6 inches depth. You want the three point locked so it won't sway, but you want the plow loose without the lock bolts so it can track the furrow.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

JoeK

Post by JoeK »

I wonder if that's not where I'm having my issue, both set of instructions say to place a block under the tire but I will try setting it with out it and see how it acts. thank you SWilliams
1772 - my new toy
2086- main mower at home