7284 down!

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
JoeK
First and Last Name: Joey Koenen

7284 down!

Post by JoeK »

not sure where to put this so apologies in advance.

i had the front spindle/hub break on me and cannot find a replacement part anywhere. i called 8 dealers, 18 scrap yards, ebay, google, this part is a ghost.

part is NLA, discontinued with no sub to a new number

would anyone know of a salvage yard that may have cub cadet compact tractors?
part I'm looking for is pn:911-04141A

thanks, joe
1772 - my new toy
2086- main mower at home
Super LT 1554- has it easy mowing the lake lot

6284owner
First and Last Name: Bill Harris

Re: 7284 down!

Post by 6284owner »

The same thing happened to me.  I have a Cub 6284 which uses the same part # 911-04141A and it broke about two weeks ago and I have tried everywhere to find a part and none are available.  If I come across anything I will post it here but right now it does not look good.  Bill

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

I’m Not sure who made the 7000’s and 6000’s for Cub. Either way they might still have it under their part number. If not, try to find a machine shop that could make them for both of you! My father did this for a 70’s vintage yanmar he has, it seams he has the ultra rare “heavy duty” front end….

JoeK
First and Last Name: Joey Koenen

Post by JoeK »

i did end up bringing the spindle to a machine shop, they were not able to make a new one but thought they could piece it back together for me. they did an awesome job. talked to the machinist some, said he bored the shaft some welded a dowel in and was able to get it welded straighter then when they got it the first time.

tractor is back together, however with parts not available I'm afraid I'm going to trade it in for something newer.
1772 - my new toy
2086- main mower at home
Super LT 1554- has it easy mowing the lake lot

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

It’s not so much newer, it something with better support. Older Deere Kubota and new Holland all should have support for equipment if this era. I believe that mahindra or built your tractor.