Hydraulic plow

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
Cubhusband
First and Last Name: Tim Gotta

Hydraulic plow

Post by Cubhusband »

Can I convert my 1864 to a dual hydraulic so I can have a power angle snow plow?

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: Hydraulic plow

Post by JMotuzick »

Yes you can!
You would need to start by finding a second valve body for the cyclops series, ideally this has the handle and linkage. The 2 valves get stacked between them you would need a short nipple, as of last spring these where still available from cub/MTD. I’m not sure but I believe the lines are hard from the pump to the valve, so you would need to find at least one, or make it custom. The lines going down to the front of the tractor would be a bit easier as you can have them custom made at your local hydro rebuild shop or even my Napa makes hoses. For quick connects use the “help” “SAM” type snow plow parts found at the same place as the hoses. Most snow plow shops keep these on the shelf too. The hardest part really is the hard lines to/from the rear or maybe the power steering sector.

Cubhusband
First and Last Name: Tim Gotta

Post by Cubhusband »

Will I need a different dash board to accommodate 2 handles?

JMotuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

The inside steel part of the dash will accommodate the second valve. You will need to cut the plastic part to fit it in.

delikocc
First and Last Name: Chris Anonowski

Post by delikocc »

It could also be done relatively easily with an electric hydraulic solenoid valve, like in the picture, teed into the supply and return lines. Would need a momentary on-off-on switch to operate it. You can locate the valve anywhere you want and make a very clean hidden installation or, if you're only after pure functionality without concern for looks, it would be even easier. Surplus Center online has the valve, lines and fittings you would need to do it at pretty good prices.
Hydraulic Solenoid Valve.jpg
Hydraulic Solenoid Valve.jpg (3.75 MiB) Viewed 1462 times

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

To add a bit to Joe saying you can stack 2 valves behind the dash, You can actually stack three back there and there are ports already punched through the dash for them, you just trim the plastic for the handles. The issue is that you need the special tubing pieces that go between the valves to transfer the hydraulic fluid between the valves. 
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

JMotuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Steve
I looked up the special tubes, for a 3000 series plow/blower set up back in the spring and they where still available.

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

Haven't looked in a while. I turned a couple back when I started stacking valves because nobody had them. 
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

JMotuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Someone on FB asked the same, I responded the same! They posted back and said 46$ in 2023 money and still available.