front Hyd question

This is where we can discuss all the stuff made after IH's sale to MTD.
vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

front Hyd question

Post by vince_o »

In my work day I have lots of time to think about things, so I was wondering if someone knows this answer about my front hyds.

I wanna build a hyd dump cart and wanna use the hyds on the 1872 for it. I noticed there is 2 levers on the dash, Im sure one would be to work the front hyds.

Question is Why couldnt I move the ports to the rear and hook them into the cart to push the bed up? I dont think Ill ever use the front ones here in the south like you guys do in the winter up north. That would work wouldnt it?
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Re: front Hyd question

Post by Tom Scott »

Vince - Your idea would be fine, but you could just put a T in the lines to the front hydraulics, that way you don't remove the possibility of using them up front for something you think of later. By using a T, you could still use either the front or the rear with that same lever, just not both at the same time.
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Tom

Thank you I never thought of that. Its always good to look at things with another set of eyes!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

I believe you could make it work although you would need to put in a couple isolation valves to direct flow, that would be easily accessible.

If you have the rear quick connect at the rear ya could just maybe have hoses made for it,-- May be the cheapest way to go.

Can't think of anything you would have 2 implements on at the same time unless you have plans for a FEL
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

mmzullo
First and Last Name: Mike Marzullo

Post by mmzullo »

Cumlee,
I have a dump cart made with a cylinder from Northern Hydraulics. It came with a 1650 dual hydraulics that the guy converted the front ports to the rear and used this cart. DICK-ER-SON has his twin brother that we converted back to center hydro lift. I never used it but still have the cart. ( I don't need this because you know loaders rule and I have one). But call me and we can work something out.

red82s
First and Last Name: Adrian Gitch

Post by red82s »

There's a few members here that have just T'd them at the valve and it works fine no need to do anything else but add lines to the back and have them attach to the back of the Cat 0 if you're using one. I think Aaron at xtrememotorworks has pictures.
Adrian

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

When i built the 149D i put ports front and rear.... one lever controls both.... you certainly could hook something to the front and rear they would just move at the same time... if the load was the same.... just T em and use flareless fittings... there da bomb! ill find some pics tommarow
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

Racenitro
First and Last Name: Frank S. Morski

Post by Racenitro »

JUst put in a TEE on each line. Check with places like Northern Tool or other farm supply places. THey have very reasonable 3/8" hydraulic lines in many lengths and most probably have the correct flared fittings to make the Tee connection.
You can also get the quick couplerrs but they will probably not be the same as the front. THe only similar coupler at Case IH are the ones used on Combine Headers. The ones you get at most stores will not work on the Cub front Couplers.
You can change them but then they will rattle as the replacements are made to mount thicker mounts than the frame is so the clip slot will be further fromt he frame.

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

You might be better off running the "non-Cub" style couplers off the back since they are much more common, available at all tractor equipment stores, and easier to find the mating couplers when you build something to run off of the back. Then you wouldn't have to buy Cub-Specific couplers to put on your rear project or any future projects you may decide to build in the future while still having the original Cub couplers on the front. Just a thought.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Post by Farmallgray »

I have never bought any but I remember several discussions on the old site about these couplers. They are also used on JD tractors and are fairly reasonably priced from the JD dealers. I believe they are Parker couplers so if you have a Parker store in your area they should have them too. At one time someone posted a chart with several company's part #s.

I have changed most of mine over to the Pioneer style couplers, but to mount them at the front I had to put them in my lathe and cut the snap ring groove wider.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

These are the various part numbers that are supposed to interchange with the CC couplers.
Attachments
int.jpg
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

Just find a place that serves the plow industry... buy fisher hydro quick connects... cheap and extremly standard
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......