New to us Farmall C

Here's where we talk about the big red stuff.
stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

New to us Farmall C

Post by stevet »

Finally picked up a tractor for Cory to take the next step. Went today and picked up a 1950 Farmall C. Tractor runs great and is solid all the way around. Not planning on doing anything but using it as is. Cory is going to start doing the big tractor pulls with it tomorrow. Oh, and yes I know, that's a little heavy for a single axle trailer! Tandem will be coming soon!
Attachments
farmall C 1.jpg
Farmall C 2.jpg
Farmall C 3.jpg
Farmall C 4.jpg
Farmall C 5.jpg

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Re: New to us Farmall C

Post by J Hayes »

stevet wrote:. Oh, and yes I know, that's a little heavy for a single axle trailer! Tandem will be coming soon!
Glad ya got it on tho . I was wondering if my 12 footer would haul one that big? :o now I know! :D
Just gotta stay away from the creeper cops that carry scales. :shock:
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

albie
First and Last Name: Albie Breidenbaugh

Post by albie »

Looks good Steve very nice, straight tractor. Cory will have some fun with that
105 147 1650 382 782D

stevet

Post by stevet »

Here's a pic of Cory doing his first big boy tractor pull on Saturday. He did a great job and can't wait til the next one! He placed 3rd overall in the 3000 lb class. He pulled 150.1 feet.
Attachments
Cory's pull.jpg

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Sounds great ! good pull too, for getting 3rd overall, first try .-- just wait till they get used to each other.
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

cbingaman
First and Last Name: Chad Bingaman

Post by cbingaman »

Way to go Cory and she looks good steve. Tires arent a matched set but look like the tread is down to a good height for pullin. You say you are going to leave it as is, but I will make one suggestion that will make a world of differnce in results if your doing this for more than just antique shows. Find out what the rules are from various pulls in your area and get your hitch as far forward and as far up as possible and still within the rules. They can be made adjustable very easy to accomplish this and it will definately improve the results. We have an H I pull with whenever I get the chance which isnt all that often. I'll have to post a pic if I can gind one. Once you get the pullin fever in your blood you'll be hooked. Pun intended here. :lol:

Under edit I found a picture from my nephew. Only one I could find of it, not on the track but on the trailer to go to RPRU a few years ago. Has a bored Super H block and a few other tweaks as well. Been together for twenty years now this year and she'll still hang in there pretty good with the higher horse stuff around these days in its classes.
Attachments
61145_447124436551_818706551_5121052_3819709_n.jpg
Cub's of the farm currently: 4-Originals, 2-70's, 100, 122, 123, 124, 73, 106, 107, 126, 800, 782IH built, 982IHbuilt, 782D, 1572. Farmall Cub and Cub Lo-Boy and too many attatchments to think about.

stevet

Post by stevet »

Chad, thanks for the info!!! We have the hitch as high as we can, but I will check on the distance from the axle to the end of the hitch. I know there are a couple of different measurements we'll have to deal with, but we'll see. So far, great tractor!!!

rgp101
First and Last Name: Richard Peterson

Post by rgp101 »

Hi my name is Richard Peterson and I'm frn Melfort Saskatchewan Canada . I was wondering if anyone has or or knows where i could find a repair manual I could download for a IH WD9 . Any help would be welcome. Thank you. I like the pics of the farm alls .