50th Annivesary Model

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Tmo
First and Last Name: Terry Reed

50th Annivesary Model

Post by Tmo »

Here's the 50th anniversary model Cub Cadet:
2011 Cub Cadet GTX LE_resize.jpg
They combined the GT2500 series and the 3000 series into one series. Here's prices - and also compares 2010 prices.

2010 Retail Prices
GT2542 42" $3499.00
GT3200 W/50" $7748.00
GT3200 W/54" $8148.00

2011 Retail Prices
GT2000 42" $3599.00
GTX2000 50" $4599.00
GTX2100 54" Fabricated Deck $5899.00

0 to 8 MPH Speed, Shaft Drive, 18" Turning Radius, Kohler Command engines, Heavy Duty Bumper, Electronic POWER Steering, Comfortable High back Seat, Arm Rests, Electric Deck Lift, Fabricated Deck, Cast iron Transmission, Tilt Wheel, 4 & 5 Year Warranty

Tmo

Re: 50th Annivesary Model

Post by Tmo »

Also a time line on the first 50 years on the Cub Cadet website:

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... 1_14101_-1

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

there is a few funny things what no cub cadets built from 1981 to 1984 and was not a 1963 cub 70 100 shaft driven maybe I dont know

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

Wasn't the twin cylinder motor introduced in 1979 and that says 1980? Maybe I missed it? Oh well, can't say I'm really impressed with that new tractor either. I am obviously partial to the old ones though or I wouldn't be here.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

I don't like It, to each his own
Looks too much like a Yanmar, even the coloring.
Not of our American Ancestry. Oh well I still have my 782 and as old as it is I wouldn't trade even up.
Got to love old school stuff. Of course our first Corvette was designed by a Japanese. maybe not all that bad. Just my opinion.
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

Bob Brush
First and Last Name: Bob Brush

Post by Bob Brush »

Im sure they will sell plenty of them but you couldnt pay me to take that over one of my old narrow frames LOL and check that price tag out !!!

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Post by VScott »

Wish they would go retro like the auto makers have with the Mustang, Challenger, Camaro, etc. they all sell like hotcakes. I just can't get use to the aerodynamic design of all of the newer tractors by any manufacturer. Thanks for the pic and the link Terry.

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Post by Farmallgray »

They are saying the 1864 debuted in 1990 and it didn't come out till 93.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

I don't think it's a terrible looking tractor, just not impressive. Still haven't stopped using plastic in the hood and side panel area, a LOT of plastic on the extended dash to crack and need replaced, rear wheels look pretty weak compared to older ones, etc. Just not something you'd buy to last 15-20 years. I'd want a 50th anniversary model to last.
I too really wanted a retro version. I might have even bought one just to keep for years to come. Kinda disappointed that after all the talk we didn't get anything to honor what started it all. Heck, didn't Gravely build an exact replica in a very limited production? That's not where the money's at today though. We still have our old ones that WILL be here long after this new model, so I guess that's all that really matters.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

mgonitzke
First and Last Name: Matt Gonitzke

Post by mgonitzke »

Too bad they had to keep the 'Darth Vader' styling...ick.

Electric lift and 'electronic' power steering sound like they could be the cause for expensive repairs.

I think I'll keep my fleet of 82 series.
Original, 582 w/ 18 hp Kohler Command, 682 w/ Kwik-Way loader, 782, 782D, 1872 My Cub Site

cholloway
First and Last Name: Colin Holloway

Post by cholloway »

I think they could have done a much better design... especially for a 50th Anniversary model.
Either designers (ALL designers) have run out of ideas or they are just lazy and have no imagination.
Hell, that goes for TV/Movie producers also. Sequels and look alikes are the best they can come up with.
Or another freakin' REALITY SHOW!!!

As for today's prices on these new models, remember the garden tractors we all know and love were VERY pricey in their day.
Official Member SCCG

Tmo

Post by Tmo »

The current series of garden tractors are broken down into two series, the GT2500 and the 3000 series. The GT2500 has that flimsy plastic, rear hinge hood that has a gas charged strut to hold it up. It flips back like a car hood does, but that design has proven to be troublesome as the plastic breaks around the strut. The 3000 series, on the other hand, has a steel hood and a bigger, more heavier duty transmission. With CC combining the GT2500 and the 3000 series for this new generation will just weaken the 3000 series. This new, combined series, looks like it incorporated the design of the GT2500 series, which in my opinion, is just plain ugly and too much plastic.

Ky Greg
First and Last Name: Greg Laramore

Post by Ky Greg »

Looks like crap!....I'll keep my 128 and 125.
Adapt, Improvise and Overcome!

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Its the ass end of the 2000 series, with the dash off the I force, hood off the 1000 series, good eng,

Ill keep my old ones thank you
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Tmo

Post by Tmo »

The one big change I guess, is the fabricated deck. Combining the GT2500 and 3000 series was a market strategy - the 3000 series prices were high, sales were down on them probably for that reason and the demand was down since we're in a disposable society today. The GT2500 offered the ground engaging capabilities to fill the Cub Cadet garden tractor heritage, so MTD combined the two series. Gone are the days of multiple choices in the garden tractor market, unfortunately, which is ironic considering there is a renew interest in small gardening due to the economy and the "green" movement.