1450 dual hydraulics

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
tmelton
First and Last Name: Trevor Melton

1450 dual hydraulics

Post by tmelton »

Havent been around in a while but i'm getting back into working on my fleet. finally starting to get settled in the new to me house and gotta get the hobby back up and running so i have everything running. I have a chance to purchase a 1450 with what appears factory dual hydraulics, was this a very popular option? and would this open up other opportunities to easly find more things to use hydraulics for? I have 3 other quietlines 2 need some repairs so at least i would have parts to add this one to the fleet.

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Re: 1450 dual hydraulics

Post by VScott »

Trevor, I just moved a year and a half ago and I'm still working out of boxes...The dual hydraulics was a pretty rare deal. I would bet that there weren't 10% of the quietlines that came with it. Today, it's quite a pricey little accessory. The fittings on the front of the tractor are special, they are not just simple hydraulic couplers. Some people change them out for regular couplers because of the expense of the IH ones. Only thing it was meant for was a power angle snow blade(which is hard to imagine not having once you have had one). I suppose you could tee it off to the rear if you were into fabricating rear mount attatchments. I had actually thought about two attatchments to run off of the second spool, 1.taking a hydraulic drive motor from a Case garden tractor, mounting it to a 1a tiller, and driving it from the second spool, but I'm not quite sure that there is enough fluid capacity, flow, or pressure there to get it done. 2. was building a wagon with a hoist cylinder that ran from the second spool. Someone on here actually builds those wagons and they look awesome (forget who it is, help me out if you know so he can get the credit he deserves!)

VScott

Post by VScott »

That's the man. Those wagons just blow me away, as does his other work.

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

We watched Aaron build that 782 8 from the burn pile to what it became today .. marvelous workmanship. I like his trailer too.
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

tmelton

Post by tmelton »

So i could go get the 1450 but instead a 149 came along at the same time so i decided to bring it home. My last experience with the 149 was not good but this is a new begining. i post pictures later as i brought it home in a rain storm, but the features include 50 inch deck, new hydraulic line , 3 point hitch, head and tail lights, motor rebuild 3 years ago, hydro that doesnt drive out of control like the last and the drive shaft coupler seems pretty smooth and not real worn out and a brand new set up side panels or drive shaft shields that look brand new. oh and a new battery. Should be a great tractor to finally mount that QA 36 snow blower i have had for several years that is in almost new shape. I have a feeling i'm gonna need more than my 105 with blade to move snow out here in the country.

VScott

Post by VScott »

Aww what a let down. I wore my fingerprints off typing all of that and you aren't even going to get it.....BOOOOO! :lol: 149 sounds cool but a dual hydro quietline is just something you don't see everyday. I wish I was closer, I'd ask were it was and go get it myself.

JohnathanB
First and Last Name: johnathan bruford

Post by JohnathanB »

theres one for sale on craigslist Scranton Pa right now with a crazy home-made plow set up..its it ruff condition and priced pretty high if ya ask me
http://scranton.craigslist.org/grd/2722675561.html

I have a 1450 duel hydro and hope one day to find a hydro angle kit for a fair price

regards,
jb
1650, 1450 duel hydro,42" tiller,42"snow blower,42 & 54 snow/dirt plow,42 & 50 mower deck ,brinly bottom plow,brinly cultivator with shovel hillers,#2 IH cart

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Trevor,good to see you posting!
Good to see you have a place where the Cubs can stretch their legs.I would buy the the 1450 AND the 149.....you know you can never have too many Cubs :D

tmelton

Post by tmelton »

BigMike,
Trust me i would like to buy both, and am trying to work on a way to get another friend of mine to buy it just so it doesnt get awway.

tmelton

Post by tmelton »

Been a while since i posted but glad to say the 149 that i had trouble with the snow blower i got to use for a whole 2 minutes this winter. So today i pulled the blower off and installed a 50 inch deck. it came with a 50 from from the PO, but he hit a stump with it and broke the internal belt so i just put on one of my other 50 inch decks i had laying around. Mower the front yard with it and it mows really nice. My question for the peanut gallery is this. i stole the new front tires off my 105 after the dry rot in the left front went flat after about 5 minutes in the 149. I have a brand new set of tires i want to put on but i just put in a new tube in 1 tires and its a nice tire so i'm not going to mess with that. all of my other tractors have larger front spindles. is the bearing the only difference between the front rims? and are they interchangeable because i have several other tractors that need front tires.

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Rims and bearings are different however, the 16 6.50x8's are the same size for the Wide tires and the only size used with 1" spindles.

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Post by Farmallgray »

They are not interchangeable. The wheels for 3/4" spindles have a 1-3/8" center hub and the ones for 1" spindles have a 2" center hub.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray