Ohio plow day 2013

List a new topic for every plow day and event out there. Then we can talk about each one under its topic for planning, questions, directions, etc.
A.W.Gonya
First and Last Name: Aaron W. Gonya

Ohio plow day 2013

Post by A.W.Gonya »

Is tentatively scheduled (weather and beans permitting) for October 18th and 19th.

As long as the beans come off we will be ok.

Initially, it was going to be on the 11th, I changed it due to a schedule conflict.
Last edited by A.W.Gonya on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Can you buy WD40 by the tank car?

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Re: Ohio plow day 2013

Post by Jlaws »

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

I'll be there ....come rain , snow , plague . I'm glad you decided on a date now , than later .
It'll be easier for me to move my vacation days so that I can attend . :D
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

A.W.Gonya

Post by A.W.Gonya »

OK, update, important info. I was informed of an IHCC chapter 6 event I and other members would like to attend the weekend of the 11th. So plow day 2013 has been moved back one week. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

AW

ihcctim
First and Last Name: Tim Alford

Post by ihcctim »

Where in Ohio?
If you choose not to decide.You still have made a choice.

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

West Independence.
Directly east of Findlay and directly south of Fostoria.

bbaker
First and Last Name: Bryan Baker

Post by bbaker »

Is BB allowed to come this year? :D
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Well I can't speak for Aaron , but he usually let about anybody walk in , no matter what brand of tractor .
That includes people that wear goofy hats and have a poor choice of shirts in there Avatar . :lol:
Bryan wasn't that picture taken at Aarons a few years back ?
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

IDK, it might of been at the New Harmony Plow day here a few years back... One thing is for sure though it was a few years back... :)

One of these days I'll show up with a blue tractor!
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Bryan I'm bringing a blue tractor to Aarons this year ..... :o Just not saying what brand for now .. ;)

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Jlaws wrote:Bryan I'm bringing a blue tractor to Aarons this year ..... :o Just not saying what brand for now .. ;)
If it's a New Holland I want it...

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

I can only think of one person not welcome at AWs.....more like Gonyas don't own enough land to fit the persons head :lol:
I may be a Cub guy at heart but I always like to see other brands.I have tried to get some of the Wheel Horse guys from that area interested but it has not gone very far.

ihcctim

Post by ihcctim »

SO....The event has been pushed out a week? IT will be 25th and 26th? October? Never participated at a plow day event in the 20 + years playin with Cub Cadets. Actually i have had bottom plows for a few cubs over the years but never once used one. I think its time to go play with one. And wouldn't you know it.I don't have one at the moment.I do have the 3pt and brinley adapter for a wide frame.But no plow.I have oodles of weights and ag tires as well.If anyone has a plow for sale up in ne Ohio.Throw me a note. Thanks,Tim

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

I have a feeling if they don't get some rain we may need oodles of weights and sub soilers instead of plows.
Tim,Dale Merkle had posted some plows for sale and I am sure there will be a plow you can use if you don't find one.
Dry ground,wet ground,little tractor,big tractor,no tractor at all plow day is a hoot any way you slice it.
I'm confused(yea,what's new :lol: ) when is plow day.......I don't want to miss out.

ihcctim

Post by ihcctim »

Thanks Mike,
Sure sounds like fun.I am going to try to bring two tractors.One to plow with and one to disc with.AND!! i found a plow and disc last night.Both for 120.00. All rusty and brown but nothing a wire wheel on my grinder and die grinder can;t handle.Structurally in good shape.As for plow date...has a date been firmly established ??? Its a bit of hike for me out to West Independence from east of Cleveland.But i drive truck for a living anyway.I am bringing a 1450 and hopefully if i have it ready, a 169.

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

A bit of a hike.... yeah right.... Some of us come from even farther than just across the top of OH..... :mrgreen:

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

I remember a guy coming from the left coast of Canada....seems that guy brought an ear to ear smile too at least he left with one.

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

BigMike wrote:I remember a guy coming from the left coast of Canada....seems that guy brought an ear to ear smile too at least he left with one.
exactly...

ihcctim

Post by ihcctim »

Well thats a good sign.Folks coming from far far away. So...It must be fun! Works for me! 160 miles +/- trip for me.

ihcctim

Post by ihcctim »

Heck...If i could drive the tractor out there with another one on the trailer. I'd do it. But i don't want to make the news. Besides i'd have to leave on a thurs to make sat mornin plowin. Yikes!

A.W.Gonya

Post by A.W.Gonya »

Sorry about the confusion, PD is October 18th and 19th.

See you all next month!

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

Thanks for the clarification AW!
I was pretty certain but I wouldn't want to miss plow day on a technicality.

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

If anyones interested in Ohio plowday , but doesn't have a plow , I always bring an extra plow . I know several other also bring a spare ,so if you have a rear sleeve hitch , I have an extra 10" Brinly sleeve hitch plow that I'm bringing in case someone needs to borrow one . I also bring an A frame Cat 0 to sleeve hitch adapter , if you have a Cat O 3 point on your GT or SGT .

redbull1
First and Last Name: Andrew Mann

Post by redbull1 »

AW,
Any updates on field progress?

Andrew

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

Andrew,I talked with AW today.They have had 5" of rain since last week :shock: but he said the field is not under water :shock: :shock: . The beans are ready but they are near the end of the list to be picked.
Let's all hope for dry weather,some nice sunny breezy days and no combine issues.
If we think pure thoughts(I know that's tough BB) we may have luck this year and if not we will STILL have a good time :beer:

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

BigMike wrote:Andrew,I talked with AW today.They have had 5" of rain since last week :shock: but he said the field is not under water :shock: :shock: . The beans are ready but they are near the end of the list to be picked.
Let's all hope for dry weather,some nice sunny breezy days and no combine issues.
If we think pure thoughts(I know that's tough BB) we may have luck this year and if not we will STILL have a good time :beer:
I could care less if we actually get to plow. Just getting to give my ole buddy BM a big hug is all I go for anymore. :)

Dbaumanjr
First and Last Name: Darryl Bauman Jr.

Post by Dbaumanjr »

My Dad & I are planning to attend again this year. We may bring three ( or more) tractors this year. Alas none of them have plows on them. I think we're gonna bring our sickle bar arsenal. 8-)
The Coleman grille is all ready to attend too.
Looking forward to seeing everyone,
Darryl
Darryl Bauman Jr
Real tractors are yellow & white....

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

bbaker wrote:
BigMike wrote:Andrew,I talked with AW today.They have had 5" of rain since last week :shock: but he said the field is not under water :shock: :shock: . The beans are ready but they are near the end of the list to be picked.
I could care less if we actually get to plow. Just getting to give my ole buddy BM a big hug is all I go for anymore. :)
As long as there is no kissing involved we are good to go :lol:

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Darryl , if you have rear lift and the lower bracket that bolts to the rearend on one of them cubs , I can fix you up for plowday .
I have a spare brinly hitch and plow that I can bring with me , even some wheel weights , that you can borrow .

Its good to see ya coming again this year. :beer:

OhioBinder
First and Last Name: David Gregg

Post by OhioBinder »

OK
I've never been to a plow day. I do have a plow that I have never used--yet.
I live even closer than Darryl to AW's, like about 20 miles. I have never been able to attend because of other commitments. Hopefully things will work out so I can attend this year.
What do I need to bring besides a CC and a plow (but that is optional I see)?
I think I will bring my 149 as I don't want to have to take the tiller off of the 100 and the 127 (ol smokey)I got off of Darryl a few years ago probably wouldn't survive being worked that hard.

David
David Gregg
NW oIHo

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

David bring your tractor and plow. If your plow hasn't been used, some time with a wire brush getting it cleaned up, and all the adjustment bolts unstuck and oiled up would be time well spent.

Ag tires and weights help on the tractor if you don't already have those.

Several of us would be glad to help ya get going, and dialed in so no worries if you don't know how to adjust your plow. I didn't know how my first plow day either...

OH plow day is a good time. It's not just about plowing a field it's about a group of brother's and sisters coming together to fix all the world's problems in one day and talk about tractors too. :o :D

Oh and we eat plow day chilli and hot dogs... :)