Our Friend Geezer

Post pictures of your dealer decals here and Geezer will organize them. this is a nice place to browse around in to see where our little tractors came from.
Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Our Friend Geezer

Post by Scott C. »

Folks, it's with a heavy heart I have to post this information.
William "Geezer" DeTurck is not well.
His wife Donna called and informed us that while he was having some medical issues addressed, a condition with his eye started and they found an inoperable tumor behind it.
He is in his house on hospice and under comfort sedation and his passing is imminent. I do not have a specific as to a timeline but it is not long and his family is with him.

Donna asked for some pictures for a memorial so I am asking, if you have any good Geezer pics, post them here and I will get them to her.

Bill is a good friend and I am lucky I have had a chance to know him and enjoy our hobby together.

Geezer was the unofficial "Ambassador" for the IH Registry making shows all over the place and promoting our website and the community we built around it.

A lot of us here and on the other sites owe him a debt of gratitude in one way or another for the information he gathered and shared, the good will he spread around and his sense of fun and friendship touched many. Bill went out of his way to get obscure information to folks who needed it and has been an temendous help in the maintenance of this website.

Bill is one of the people that made this and the Registry group a family. He will be sorely missed by many.
geezer.jpg
geezer.jpg (53.17 KiB) Viewed 57683 times
The IH Registry Abassador and resident Geezer.jpg
The IH Registry Abassador and resident Geezer.jpg (50.16 KiB) Viewed 57683 times
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Re: Our Friend Geezer

Post by ReicheP »

Scott thank you for posting this.
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Geezer is the one of the first people I met on the old site. I wish I still had pics of him and I togeather. Just talked with him about 2 mts ago.

Scott is he strong enough to take phone calls?
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Wow. So sorry to hear! Geezer..... Please know that i have truly enjoyed getting to know u just a little bit though your post on the cub website! Know that i will b praying for u and your family. Make peace with the Lord my friend.... It is never to late to accept him as your savior! John 3:16

Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

I will Never forget him .. He is a special man that has taught a lot of us that patience is a virtue when dealing with problems with these cubs , He lived for plow days . so he could share his experience with anyone with most any question ..
He has a heart of gold . He will definitely be Missed. The last time I saw him was when he lost the "cub den" to a fire .. only saw the new one on pictures on this forum

Prayers for Gods mercy, and comfort for all that was close to, or knew him... He will be missed for sure .
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

A.W.Gonya
First and Last Name: Aaron W. Gonya

Post by A.W.Gonya »

The first time I went to PA plow Day (It's been awhile) Bill insisted I drive over and stay in the spare room at his home. I'd never met him before and he and Donna only knew me from the internet.

Over the next several years Geezer was a guest with us several different times while travelling to shows and plow days. He even stayed on my folks couch once for a week before travelling west to another event.

He is as good as family to me, I have missed him greatly at our last few plow days here in Ohio, I knew his eyesight was getting bad but I always assumed Bill would make it back out one day. It was always an event just seeing what crazy contraption he would be driving.

He's a good man, a good friend, and was always one heck of a resource of information.
Can you buy WD40 by the tank car?

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

dag1450 wrote:Wow. So sorry to hear! Geezer..... Please know that i have truly enjoyed getting to know u just a little bit though your post on the cub website! Know that i will b praying for u and your family. Make peace with the Lord my friend.... It is never to late to accept him as your savior! John 3:16

Dave
I can't say it any better than this. Prayers for William and his family.
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

mmzullo
First and Last Name: Mike Marzullo

Post by mmzullo »

Nothing more to say that wasn't already said. We had good times with Geezer at plow days. From Luthersburg, Mifflinville,Ft Allen, Danville, and Riverside. I have pixs I will post when I find more.
Attachments
002.JPG
002.JPG (96.12 KiB) Viewed 57689 times
005.JPG
005.JPG (91.58 KiB) Viewed 57689 times
005 [].JPG
005 [].JPG (105.57 KiB) Viewed 57689 times
003 [].JPG
003 [].JPG (105.68 KiB) Viewed 57689 times
012.JPG
012.JPG (71 KiB) Viewed 57689 times

mmzullo
First and Last Name: Mike Marzullo

Post by mmzullo »

More!!!!!!!

Scott or who ever I have higher quality resolution of these pictures if you want or need them.
Attachments
004 [].JPG
004 [].JPG (105.88 KiB) Viewed 57695 times
021 [].JPG
021 [].JPG (120.8 KiB) Viewed 57695 times

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Wow , I'm sorry to hear about William not doing well. He's a good man .
I believe the first time I met William was at possum lodge way back in the IH Registry days . What impressed me the most about him other than his vast knowledge of cubs , was that he was a tough old bird that loved sleeping in his tent no matter how cold it got .

William rode and plowed with a couple of my cubs during his visits to Ohio plow day . He never asked , he didn't have to , after all it was Geezer .
I considered it a compliment that he drove my cubs , and always had a smile on his face when I caught him ...
I had more pictures of William at possum lodge and plowdays , but they were lost when my old computer died , I believe Rick Harris has some on his web site and I'll give him a call to see if he'll post them .
Attachments
108533.jpg
108533.jpg (47.41 KiB) Viewed 57698 times
108531.jpg
108531.jpg (109.2 KiB) Viewed 57698 times
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Post by Farmallgray »

RPRU 09 456.JPG
RPRU 09 456.JPG (2.13 MiB) Viewed 57704 times
This was the only photo I could find of Geezer. I may have more somewhere.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

I'm very saddened to hear this news. As with everyone else, we all have our stories about Geezer. I think what will stick in my mind the most is the time he set aside for my son at every plow day we attended with him. Cory has always been a history and military buff and he used to sit and listen to Geezers stories.....Cory loved hearing them and Geezer loved telling them. Not a plow day went by that at some point you didn't see those two chatting. I too will look for some pictures.

Keeping his family and friends in our thoughts and prayers....

chzuck
First and Last Name: Charlie Zuck

Post by chzuck »

I remember meeting Geezer at Rough & Tumble years ago when one could camp with your stuff. He introduced me his famous tractor and mower. He was undoubtedly one of the great guys of the famous IHRegistry! My prayers with you Geezer. Truly he is an ambassador.
http://www.zucksrototillers.com
There is only ONE ROTOTILLER.
147 with 48" mower deck & 42" QA snow thrower
70 with 42" mower deck, 42" blade, & Brinly 10" plow

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Wow thoughts and prayers go out to bills family.... It was 2002 I meet geezer for the first time. This was before the registry even started! He drove out to a "mow day" I tried to start. He walked into the mower shop I was working at and after introductions he said he had a flat on his trailer he needed fixed before we could leave. His spare was very soft and his tire had blown out 100 miles back. I found a old car tire ment to go on dads fire wood cart well it was a bit bigger then his but it got him going. We mowed for the weekend and went to a show together that Sunday. He trucked home and all the way out to Illinois on that old car tire. The next year at red power it was still there along with bill/Ted having a great time. Gezzer will be missed but never forgeten!

TWheaton
First and Last Name: Tim Wheaton

Post by TWheaton »

Truly a good friend and a good man. He is always ready to help anyone anytime and has been a big help to me many times. Memories that come to mind are camping out with him at RPRU and his entertaining antics at 'Possum Lodge. It's a pleasure to know him.

PTWannaHave
First and Last Name: Ben Michaud

Post by PTWannaHave »

dag1450 wrote:Wow. So sorry to hear! Geezer..... Please know that i have truly enjoyed getting to know u just a little bit though your post on the cub website! Know that i will b praying for u and your family. Make peace with the Lord my friend.... It is never to late to accept him as your savior! John 3:16

Dave
Ditto... Thanks to all who are not away on vacation and are logging in and posting.

I consider it a privilege and blessing in life to have this hobby, and this forum is the icing on the cake! I often say at times like these, albeit cliché, that anything beyond health for my wife and myself, is a bonus and can be lost|rebuilt. (And, you can't take it with you anyway!)

Saddened,
PTWannaHave

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

I met William around six or seven years ago at Colchester, CT. I found him to be a charming, helpfull, and friendly man that spoke through the words of wisdom earned by time.
He was very helpfull in getting my narrow frame hydro lift project together, charging me barely more than the cost of postage for the one item that I had been looking for.
That my friends is integrity. It is an honor to know him.
And he reminded me in our meetig that this a HOBBY for us to enjoy, so in his own way he was placing people before the material things of life.
That I shall not forget.
Godspeed, Geezer.

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

I have met some fine folks from this site and Geezer is right there at the top of the list. He would always be there to lend a hand, part or a good story.
Godspeed Geezer.

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

sorry to see he Passed .. Maybe there are those of you that want to sign his guest book

http://obituaries.triblive.com/listing/ ... eTurck-Sr/
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

RIP brother
-Andrew Jackson

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

Rest in peace Geezer.
Condolences to the DeTurk family.

stevet

Post by stevet »

Rest in peace Geezer, you will be missed by so many, it was truly a pleasure to have gotten to know you!

CubbinCal
First and Last Name: Calvin Woodrey

Post by CubbinCal »

From your service to our Country, being a Husband, Father, Grandfather and Cub Cadet enthusiast you have inspired many. Rest in Peace Geezer. It was a privilege to know you.
I'm hittin easy street on AG tires!

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Prayers and condolences for Bill's family and friends.
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

A.W.Gonya
First and Last Name: Aaron W. Gonya

Post by A.W.Gonya »

Saint Peter watches the long road between mortal life and Heaven. In the distance a patch of orange and white appears on the horizon. As the dust settles the angels hurry to open the gates as wide as possible to let a battered U-haul van through. As the van pulls up Peter looks in the window and at old man holding a coffee cup. "You don't need all that Bill" says Peter, "we have a place all ready for you." With a smile the man replies, "No, I'm all right, I'm all set up in the back.".. "But if you have an outlet for my extension cord..."

Welcome home Geezer. Rest in peace.
Can you buy WD40 by the tank car?

stevet

Post by stevet »

AW you couldn't have said it any better!!! I can so see that happening. And that coffee cup would sit on the hood of a tractor all night, so it would be just right in the morning when he got up!

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

Mine and Bonnie's condolences to his family. He will be missed by many.
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

albie
First and Last Name: Albie Breidenbaugh

Post by albie »

Ariel and I met geezer at Ft Allen years ago, he didn't know us but welcomed us as friends. Over the years on the forum and at plowday said he would always share cub info and hang out like old friends, he was truly an ambassador to our hobby,the IH Registry and Cub Cadet Collectors and will be missed.
RIP Geezer
105 147 1650 382 782D

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

Geezer cannot be explained he had to be expirienced......and it was a wonderful expirience. One of(if not the first) plow day Linda and I went to we needed to get something to eat on Friday afternoon so AW directed us to a truck stop not far from the farm. Geezer asked if we minded if he went and had dinner with us. We had only know one another an hour or so if that, but we sat and had dinner like old friends.

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Geezer had to be experienced, funny story

One time at Tonys my neighbor Marc and Geezer were looking for Geezers hearing aid, at 4 something in the morning. Everyone was sleeping till Marc and Geezer tripped over something, turned a radio on, full blast playing gospel music! Kathy and the boys were with us and she woke up and asked what was going on? I poked my head out of the tent to see the two oldest guys laughing their tail ends off.
-Andrew Jackson