102 stock class puller

This is your place for high horsepower and traction!
Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

102 stock class puller

Post by Farmallgray »

This has been about a 3 year project. My son wanted a pulling tractor of his own to go with my two and that he could pull in the 14 hp
youth class. Since I demanded that he be fully involved with the project and actually help and learn is why it took so long to build. tearing him away from the TV and video games is a challenge. I also had him work on some of my projects to "work off" the cost of some of the needed parts.

It is kind of a collection of parts but we started out with a 122 frame and rearend. The engine is a K321 that is built to fit in our local rules.

It has a large flywheel and ring gear starter which required motching the frame like on a 147. The plan was to keep it as stock looking as possible.
While there are many things modified but everything is subtle. The grill insert is actually a flat sheet of aluminum with decals to simulate the headlights and bar grill.

The stock decals came from Scott Urschel. I really like them compared to some of the other decal suppliers. They are the correct color of blue and all the fonts are correct. I highly recommend him for restoration decals.
Attachments
IMG_2695.JPG
IMG_2695.JPG (4.26 MiB) Viewed 3029 times
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: 102 stock class puller

Post by dag1450 »

Wow wee! Great job Guys! Yes it does look like a 147 frame ..but that detail is kinda hidden in the shadow. Good job on gettin out to the garage Todd jr. I picked up a 1650 this spring and told my boys they could spray bomb it.....there response....(yawn) "ok dad" (yawn)and went back inside. The only difference between me and them.....is i would have had it painted before my dad could tell me i could :lol: Maybe not yellow and white.....but it would have been painted!! Its good to know some kids r learning skills today :roll: Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Re: 102 stock class puller

Post by stevet »

That's a great little tractor and it's good to see your son getting out there and getting involved!! Cory was like that...at one time! lol I can get him out occasionally, but anymore between work , school and girls, he's not as interested as he used to be! Hopefully he'll want to work on more projects!