Our Friend Geezer

Post pictures of your dealer decals here and Geezer will organize them. this is a nice place to browse around in to see where our little tractors came from.
vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Re: Our Friend Geezer

Post by vince_o »

Nuttin to say
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (57.63 KiB) Viewed 36613 times
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Merk
First and Last Name: Dale Merkle

Post by Merk »

A.W.Gonya wrote:Saint Peter watches the long road between mortal life and Heaven. In the distance a patch of orange and white appears on the horizon. As the dust settles the angels hurry to open the gates as wide as possible to let a battered U-haul van through. As the van pulls up Peter looks in the window and at old man holding a coffee cup. "You don't need all that Bill" says Peter, "we have a place all ready for you." With a smile the man replies, "No, I'm all right, I'm all set up in the back.".. "But if you have an outlet for my extension cord..."

Welcome home Geezer. Rest in peace.
Well said Aaron.

I remember the time Geezer came to Ohio Plow Day. His next stop was the mile of IH plowing in Noblesville, Indiana. The plan was for Geezer to stay at Aaron's place for a few days and drive to stay a few days at my place. Some how during the drive to my place Geezer's GPS system had him make a wrong turn-who knows.......anyway he ended up in Indiana. Aaron and I were in a panic mode because we would have never heard the end about loosing Geezer. The 70 to 80 minute trip between Aaron's place and my place ended up being a 4 to 5 hour trip.

It was a privilege to know you. You will be miss.

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Post by ReicheP »

BigMike wrote:We had only know one another an hour or so if that, but we sat and had dinner like old friends.
Oh that's the truth! Only had the pleasure of one sit down meal with Bill, but I still remember it from time to time.
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Post by VScott »

My condolences to the DeTurck family, and all here who knew him personally. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but did enjoy his presence here.

cbingaman
First and Last Name: Chad Bingaman

Post by cbingaman »

I had the privilege to meet Geezer quite a few times. He was truly an ambassador to our little hobby with a huge wealth of knowledge that he eagerly shared with everyone. He always had a story to tell, he will be greatly missed in our hobby.

R.I.P. Geezer
Cub's of the farm currently: 4-Originals, 2-70's, 100, 122, 123, 124, 73, 106, 107, 126, 800, 782IH built, 982IHbuilt, 782D, 1572. Farmall Cub and Cub Lo-Boy and too many attatchments to think about.

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

http://www.burket-truby.com/obitscurrent.cfm?id=2066

Farewell Geezer. Your wisdom and humor will be missed.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

Thanks steve for posting that.... it wasnt clear to me if he had passed yet or not.... very sad news
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

l palma
First and Last Name: Lew Palma

Post by l palma »

Sorry to hear about Geezers passing,I met him one time at the Pa plowday.He will be missed.
Attachments
HPIM1056.JPG
HPIM1056.JPG (87.64 KiB) Viewed 36542 times

Post by Guest »

Geezer was a good person ,I sold him the M&W he was looking for his whole life,he will be missed.
Mike Masheris

Doog M
First and Last Name: Doog Martin

Post by Doog M »

Geezer loved shows and plowdays! He was one of a kind!!
And will truly be missed!!
Attachments
dcp_1022.jpg
dcp_1022.jpg (752.46 KiB) Viewed 36510 times
dcp_1279.jpg
dcp_1279.jpg (409.82 KiB) Viewed 36510 times
dcp_2814.jpg
dcp_2814.jpg (702.86 KiB) Viewed 36510 times
dcp_2125.jpg
dcp_2125.jpg (837.83 KiB) Viewed 36510 times

DaveKamp
First and Last Name: Dave Kamp

Post by DaveKamp »

Since the day I met Bill... "Geezer"... He has been immortal to me, and will forever be... As a man, he was a man at least twice the size of his own life-sized poster. Ride on, Bill... we're all behind you, and will catch up to join you at the end of the row... ;)
Yes, I'm a Mad Scientist... but I'm usually happy, even when things ain't goin right.

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

Sorry to hear this. As many have said Bill "Geezer" was special. First time I met him was at Fort Allen several years back he was riding with Scott that day I think. It was a small turn out and I think they even cancelled the dinner that time, but some us still talked for hours. He was always willing to share his wealth of knowledge freely with any of us Cub nuts. I remember couple years back talking with him about the Mott I had picked up in Tennessee and how it always blew clippings back on you when cutting, "well Jim you got the belt on backwards" says Geezer. Now we've all seen mule drives and a belt is a belt right? I thought he was pulling my leg, so he draws me a picture, I come home, fool with the belt the way he showed me and viola ! no more clippings in the face !
That kind of knowledge and his ever present smile will be missed at Fort Allen and National Pike (the two shows I always met up with Bill at)
Praying for strength for his family as they go through the tough times.
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

red82s
First and Last Name: Adrian Gitch

Post by red82s »

Condolences to Geezer's family.
Adrian

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

I missed this earlier. My sincere condolences to his family and friends. He was full of knowledge and from what I read and dealing with him on the forum, a great guy.

Jeff
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

bbaker
First and Last Name: Bryan Baker

Post by bbaker »

A.W.Gonya wrote:Saint Peter watches the long road between mortal life and Heaven. In the distance a patch of orange and white appears on the horizon. As the dust settles the angels hurry to open the gates as wide as possible to let a battered U-haul van through. As the van pulls up Peter looks in the window and at old man holding a coffee cup. "You don't need all that Bill" says Peter, "we have a place all ready for you." With a smile the man replies, "No, I'm all right, I'm all set up in the back.".. "But if you have an outlet for my extension cord..."

Welcome home Geezer. Rest in peace.
Well said AW...

While I didn't know Geezer as well as some of you, he was truly an ambassador for our hobby. God Speed Bill and thanks for your kindness as that's how I remember any of our interactions as you were one of the kindest people I have ever met.
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

wham
First and Last Name: Tim Ham

Post by wham »

Hollywood had "the Duke",
College Football had " The Bear",
And we, the Cub Cadet Collectors Community, had "the Geezer".

And I say this with sincerity and respect for the Geezer. He was one of the first I remember getting to "know" on the registry and carried on with this site. I never got to meet him in person but felt like I knew him. He always offered good advice when he had something to add and it was always with a friendly response and maybe with a little humor.

Condolences and prayers for the DeTurk family from the Ham family

RIP Geezer.

Tim H.
Cub Cadets, Just Like Lays Potato Chips, no one can own Just One ! ! ! !
Originalx7, 70x2, 100x2, 71, 102, 72x2, 149, 169, 1450 two stick, 782, 782D, Z-Force (yaller fever )

John Norcross
First and Last Name: John Norcross

Post by John Norcross »

I just learned that Bill passed from Joe Motuzick at the CAMA show site last night.
I am still shocked by this news. Like others have stated, he was always ready to help out and give you a hand. It was always good to see him when he would drive all the way up here to Connecticut for the Kent and Colechester shows. He helped me with some parts transportation a few years back.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. He is a true " Original" and he will be missed.

John Norcross

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

My friend Marc just sent me these.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (65.94 KiB) Viewed 36371 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (74.15 KiB) Viewed 36371 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (73.01 KiB) Viewed 36371 times
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Post by ReicheP »

Great photos of Geezer!
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

JSheehe
First and Last Name: Jim Sheehe

Post by JSheehe »

I can't believe it ! I thought that good old boy would live forever. It was a busy summer and not much internet time, I never knew about the passing of this unique gentleman until Jim Bagley called me and said he read the bad news in the Red power Magazine. William was always a warm, welcoming, interesting, knowledgeable, hilarious (pull my finger type of person) who always made my wife and me feel part of the activities. HE WILL BE MISSED ! As many have already said, Rest in peace, William.
Attachments
P7190024.JPG
P7190024.JPG (617.89 KiB) Viewed 36349 times
Last edited by JSheehe on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

I met greezer and really enjoyed all the stories and knowledge he help me with, I boughi edit from him a while ago but ending selling her because I also began to health problems too. ive start to sell my collection also,i have 3 tractor trailers full of parts and tractors so I know how tough it was for him to sell edit. I have all the tractors from a 3 digit o thur 147plus a trencher left. he surely is missed don

cholloway
First and Last Name: Colin Holloway

Post by cholloway »

I'm just now reading of Bill's passing. I've been away too long!
It was an honor to have met him in person. Quite a remarkable fellow.
RIP Geezer... You are missed by so many.
Official Member SCCG

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

Was going through all my "safe keeping" materials yesterday and found the items William had sent me as a prize in a contest he had run back on the old forum. It's a print of the M&W transmission and a framed watercolor of Ted ! I had put them away to keep them safe and actually forgot that I had them. I'll see about getting a couple pics later in the day.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."