1650 Mower Deck Change Over

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Wacenturion
First and Last Name: Daniel Blatt

1650 Mower Deck Change Over

Post by Wacenturion »

Not knowing the answer, I wonder if someone could clarify something. I'm assuming that when you run a tiller of the back of a 1650, you drop the mower deck if it has one....correct? If so is it fairly easy to change implements on a 1650. Thinking of adding a blade and tiller. Already have 44" mowing deck.
Thanks

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: 1650 Mower Deck Change Over

Post by JMotuzick »

Your right, only one lift for all attachments. I like a different tractor for every attachment.

cwcub
First and Last Name: Corey Wilder

Post by cwcub »

I have a 1450 with deck, tiller, and blade. Switching from deck to tiller you drop the deck and the deck hanger. The tiller requires a different mule drive that aims the belt straight back to the tiller rather than offset to the side for the mower. You also must have a gear box for the tiller and rear lift of course. I modified an extra mule drive by twisting the pulley mounts so that the pulleys pointed straight back easy to do. The blade is easy it just locks on like a mule drive does attach lift arm and away you go. Same for a blower plus a small belt directly to pto. It might take ten minutes to switch out implements. Each one is a little different once you know how to go about it it’s pretty easy
cwcub 1450 1650 1872 782

Wacenturion

Post by Wacenturion »

cwcub wrote:I have a 1450 with deck, tiller, and blade. Switching from deck to tiller you drop the deck and the deck hanger. The tiller requires a different mule drive that aims the belt straight back to the tiller rather than offset to the side for the mower. You also must have a gear box for the tiller and rear lift of course. I modified an extra mule drive by twisting the pulley mounts so that the pulleys pointed straight back easy to do. The blade is easy it just locks on like a mule drive does attach lift arm and away you go. Same for a blower plus a small belt directly to pto. It might take ten minutes to switch out implements. Each one is a little different once you know how to go about it it’s pretty easy
Thanks....appreciate the information.

cwcub
First and Last Name: Corey Wilder

Post by cwcub »

I see your a fellow Washingtonian. I’m in the smokey okanogan
cwcub 1450 1650 1872 782

Wacenturion

Post by Wacenturion »

cwcub wrote:I see your a fellow Washingtonian. I’m in the smokey okanogan
I'm in Olympia, but the 1650 is going over to my property in the Blues. Yeah, lot of smoke up your way. Hope they get it controlled.