New Member Introduction December 27th 2018

Please stop in here and check out the rules on the stickies and introduce yourself.
rcupka
First and Last Name: Dick Cupka

New Member Introduction December 27th 2018

Post by rcupka »

Hello.
What a delight finding your forum! I just became a Cub Cadet owner 6 days ago and I am gobbling up as much information as I can.

My Cub Cadet is a Model 70, that I acquired from a friend of my Son's. It has been sitting in his father's garage for 20 years without moving and although they have a sentimental attachment to it they did not have the time to properly fix it up. It has a 38 inch three blade deck with the cast corners, and a 42 inch snow blade. The cost was only a commitment to send them pictures when it was done and letting him bring his kids over to see the tractor he drove as a kid! Fortunately there is always room in the barn for another tractor!

It appears to be in typical condition for a tractor that was just driven and put away, no preparation for the long sleep, so it will take some TLC to bring her back to life.

Although I live in Michigan I am an Indiana farm boy that grew up on a Farmall/International farm in North Central Indiana. We have never had a Cub Cadet before, our farm mower was a JD 110. Our smallest tractor was a Farmall H.

Last Year I rescued an abandoned Farmall Cub that sat for many years, it is now running and working as a mower, but not yet cosmetically restored. I had purchased a neat book about Cubs and Cub Cadets, and it spiked my interest in a Cub Cadet, so when this opportunity came along I immediately said "Yes. I'll take it"!

I am a member of the Farmall Cub Forum and am very happy you also have a forum for the Cub Cadet, I look forward to future conversations with many of you!

Dick Cupka
Attachments
IMG_0970a.jpg
IMG_0970a.jpg (57.34 KiB) Viewed 3307 times
IMG_0971.jpg
IMG_0971.jpg (58.26 KiB) Viewed 3307 times
Dick Cupka
Cub Cadet Model 70
1949 Farmall Cub
1972 International Cub Lo-Boy 154
2005 New Holland GT20
1960 Lincoln Continental Mark V

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: New Member Introduction December 27th 2018

Post by dag1450 »

Nice! Welcome...Glad you found us. Not too much discussion lately about those old Cubs but I'm sure lots of guys here know about them.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

rcupka
First and Last Name: Dick Cupka

Post by rcupka »

Thank You for the Welcome Dave, I have learned so much just reading old posts and looking at links.
Dick Cupka
Cub Cadet Model 70
1949 Farmall Cub
1972 International Cub Lo-Boy 154
2005 New Holland GT20
1960 Lincoln Continental Mark V

davis2
First and Last Name: Dave Davis

Post by davis2 »

rcupka wrote:Thank You for the Welcome Dave, I have learned so much just reading old posts and looking at links.
This is one hell of an informative site! Welcome.