Hows everyone doing during this lockdown BS... ??

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Hows everyone doing during this lockdown BS... ??

Post by SWilliams »

For myself it's been a wild winter, hoping it gets a lot better. Started on rebuilding a super into a "perfect" tractor.
Was going along OK until the bottom fell out of life. Started having some odd pains and getting dizzy. Wife got paranoid and shuffled me off to the ER. Hey look at that a blood pressure high enough to power a loader! Pulse rate that matched the speed of a single cylinder engine at high idle! Docs got all worried, shipped me down to the heart lab and they used the roto-rooter machine to open up 2 arteries and added some stents to reinforce the patch. Almost killed me in the recovery room twice! BP after they were done dropped to under 50/30 and they had to dump some fluids and drugs in quick as my lights were getting pretty dim. Then the nurse went to leave and got caught in the IV and monitor leads and ripped them out! That was fun. No more than get home and the virus hit and shut things down. Doctors decided no exercise or any activity where I would lift over 10 pounds or break into a sweat. So I couldn't even get back on the super.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Re: Hows everyone doing during this lockdown BS... ??

Post by ReicheP »

That certainly sounds like a nasty winter! Glad they got your plumbing fixed!

Been doing maintenance on the 682, rear lift frozen now freed up and greased. Front axle pivots R&R and greased and the mower deck cleaned and reinstalled. It's amazing how easy the mower raises and lowers with the rear lift freed up!

My 1811 sports the 450 thrower and was unused this winter. Thrower pulled today and the rear fluid going to be drained and filled. The rear cover going to be replaced with steel cover with site and fill hole. Brake linkage has never worked since I bought it and that will be freed up and lubed.

Speaking of the virus, my son, his wife and their 7 year old son all have it. They are on the mend but it's taking forever. She is a nurse and caught it from the first patient ill with in in her hospital. I have lost more than a few friends from this. Wear your mask!
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Wow Steve.... sorry to hear your ordeal! Health is something money can't buy. Glad to hear your on the mend! Asking you to post pics of your ultimate tractor sounds so trivial after what you went through...so how about a selfie with your project..... maybe in my coffee shop thread...lol. Thanks for sharing.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

davis2
First and Last Name: Dave Davis

Post by davis2 »

Steve, did you go to St. Elizabeth's? They have a good cardiac unit there.

davis2

Post by davis2 »

Geez Paul, sounds like you have borne the brunt of the corona... Stay safe, buddy!

SWilliams

Post by SWilliams »

Dave, Bassett in Cooperstown. The internal work was OK and the nurses and PAs were great(except mr.trip LOL). So far things are doing OK.
The way things are going it will be interesting if Saint E's will be around much longer.

kbrothers
First and Last Name: Ken Brothers

Post by kbrothers »

Glad your ok Steve and hope you get completely back in the Cub saddle. The goings on now have me really worried for our country and world I think its about time to take our country back Term limits and out the door Ken in PA

davis2

Post by davis2 »

SWilliams wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:48 pm
Dave, Bassett in Cooperstown. The internal work was OK and the nurses and PAs were great(except mr.trip LOL). So far things are doing OK.
The way things are going it will be interesting if Saint E's will be around much longer.
I don't know how I forgot about Bassett... Brain fart I guess! They took my ex-wife's gall bladder out. It's gonna get crazy with the Hospital situation around here.

SWilliams

Post by SWilliams »

Bassett is hard for me to forget. Did a lot of my EMS training under them and St. Lukes plus others. Plus for me they are local.
My only gripe was when I saw the full bill, that almost put me right back into the cardiac ward !!!! Total hit over $70K The two stents were $5,600.00 just for the parts! I'll never complain what a set of mower blades cost again, :lol: . When I went to get out of the place the doctor came down to tell me about the warranty card I have to carry, Just in case there is ever a problem like a recall or failure, The catch is that in that event they have to cut you open to get to them. Sort of bummed about the method they used anyway, they went in through my wrist and didn't even leave a noticeable scar.

Ken, I agree on term limits, for every elected office from dogcatcher on up to President. With a recall option in every office and no ability to vote themselves pay or benefit changes.

davis2

Post by davis2 »

SWilliams wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:55 pm
Bassett is hard for me to forget. Did a lot of my EMS training under them and St. Lukes plus others. Plus for me they are local.
My only gripe was when I saw the full bill, that almost put me right back into the cardiac ward !!!! Total hit over $70K The two stents were $5,600.00 just for the parts! I'll never complain what a set of mower blades cost again, :lol: . When I went to get out of the place the doctor came down to tell me about the warranty card I have to carry, Just in case there is ever a problem like a recall or failure, The catch is that in that event they have to cut you open to get to them. Sort of bummed about the method they used anyway, they went in through my wrist and didn't even leave a noticeable scar.

Ken, I agree on term limits, for every elected office from dogcatcher on up to President. With a recall option in every office and no ability to vote themselves pay or benefit changes.
You were lucky Steve. My brother had open heart surgery at 39, and refused a pig valve.opting for valve repair to keep his DOT card. He still drives for HP Hood... That was in '99. I guess I was thinking local to me when I asked where you went. I should have known you went to Bassett, I spent a lot of time in your area while driving for Brown's Feed.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Wow, I just found time to open this thread tonight. Steve, I'm glad you're on the mend, that sounded pretty close! When you're up to it, I would love a picture heavy thread on the Super project.

Nice to see all you guys posting. Paul, you were able to take a vacation as our weatherman this year, but who know what next winter will bring, you better be back on duty!

I've not really done anything at all tractor wise, no projects, just using them regularly like they were intended.

Everyone take care and hang in there. Things will get back to some type of normal eventually.
:beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

SWilliams

Post by SWilliams »

Tom, Yeah one of the doctors told me I was very, very close to having a major attack. Both of the ones they worked on were over 85% blocked, There is still one artery they couldn't do anything with as it is so small they don't make a stent to fit, on some drugs for that.

Docs gave me a tentative go ahead to start exercising again, I had started out on a trip to skinnier last year, decided I'd had enough of being FAT. Had dropped close to 80 pounds when the heart acted up. Now that I can do "light" exercises I'm working on dropping another 100 pounds. SWMBO says I can't go farther than that or I'll weigh less than her! Told her that probably won't be an issue as I'm adding muscle in place of the flab.