Original tire options?

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
MushCreek
First and Last Name: John DeBree

Original tire options?

Post by MushCreek »

I've done some looking, but not finding what I want in 6-12 rear tires for my Original. Mostly there are cheap ag lug tires, and a few very expensive turf tires. I'm actually using my Original right now to do yard work, so ag tires are out. The 6-12 turf tires I found are well over $100 each! Um- no. I do have a set of wheels for the wider 23x8.50-12 tires, which are readily available. I might have to go that route for my 'working' O. What are you guys running? And what are you running on the front? Right now, I have some cheap tri-ribs. Again, not the best for yard work. I have found some cheap stud pattern tires intended for a wheelbarrow, but I guess they would work.
Two O's and two Model 70's

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: Original tire options?

Post by JMotuzick »

I’m running a mix of stuff... because you have a Original your stuck with the 4x8 fronts, unless you drive out the bushings and put them in a newer rim. Miller tire in Ohio sells a decent 4x8 tire that has a old look. Lots of options if you change out the bushings and go to a 16-6.50x8.

As for the rears 850’s would allow for more floatation witch is what I believe you want.

I’m not running any 6-12’s right now for workers, but I mowed for years with a 70, I bought a new set of Carlisle “snow tires” they seemed to do good with 25lbs extra. I don’t know pricing as those are almost 15 years old now.

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

Here is the most worn out factory 4x8 tire that I have ever seen.
DSCN9012.JPG
DSCN9012.JPG (929.76 KiB) Viewed 2805 times
DSCN9013.JPG
DSCN9013.JPG (776.15 KiB) Viewed 2805 times
It was still able to hold air when I dismounted it.

MushCreek
First and Last Name: John DeBree

Post by MushCreek »

Mine still hold air, so I guess they're just getting broken in!
Two O's and two Model 70's